1.    #1  
    Ive been using my phones as alarm clocks for a long time now and Im glad to have the Pre now. Anyone use the "Guitar" ringtone as an alarm? Ive found that to be the best alarm ring out of all the phones Ive ever had!

In the morning when it rings I dont immediately wake up to an annoying noise but to the nice guitar ringtone. I feel like someone is waking me up with a guitar and it gets me up without a bad attitude...it sounds so nice I lay there listening to it til I feel like shutting it off and starting my day.
    Big & RichLs The Freak Parade!
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    No, I use my Pre Alarm to wake up to the sounds of a starting Harley! I love mp3 tones and Audacity. Every day is a good day when you wake to the sounds of a Harley. ;-)
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    If it's not annoying I won't get up.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I use the first 30 seconds of "Time" by "Pink Floyd" on my Instinct. When and if I get the PrPrPr&#$275$;, $I$ $intend$ $to$ $place$ $the$ $same$ $ringtone$ $in$ $it$.
    ˙soə ɹoɟ ƃuıʇıɐʍ ɹəllıʞ "ʇɔuıʇsuı" uɐ ʇuɐʍ ʇsnɾ ı ˙ɹəllıʞ "əuoɥdı" uɐ əq oʇ "ēɹd" ɹoɟ ƃuıʞool ʇou
    I used the guitar alarm this morning, and it was just to gentle for me. I really need to be awaken with a loud annoying alarm to actually wake up. I think I'm going to switch mine to the Star Wars theme song. That should do the trick.
    I use the Phone Ringing alarm, by time I'm awake enough to realize it's not a phone ringing, but my alarm...I'm awake.
  8. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    If it's not annoying I won't get up.
    LOL Agreed. The only one that seems to work on me is the "WAKE UP" on "medium" volume.
    "Wake Up" by Rage Against the Machine
    Quote Originally Posted by Eltaco View Post
    I use the first 30 seconds of "Time" by "Pink Floyd"
    nice!

sleepy
    Lovin' my Centro...keeping an eye on the Pre.

The road of life is rocky, and you may stumble too. So while you point your finger, someone else is judging you. -- Bob Marley
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts

Alarm is the angry ticks moment, including the short dialogue before it.

Ringtone is the eyeball pop scream-athon.

They definitely get my attention, and crack me the hell up in the process

Gotta love Audacity.
    I would love to use the guitar sound for my Pre alarm, but it's simply not jarring enough to wake me up. I've got it set to "Rain Dance" which is annoying enough to make me want to get up and turn it off. I just have to resist the urge to put my fist through the intruding noisemaker in a half-sleep state - which is why my Pre sleeps across the room from me.
    Palm III -> Palm M100 -> Palm VII -> Tmobile MDA (The 3 year mistake) -> Palm Pre

Hello, Palm. Good to have you back. Let's just pretend that the whole "me leaving you for WinMo" thing never happened, OK?