Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I normally use Picasa as my online photo depository....but "Create a new Account" only has the two pre-installed options....

How do I create an account for Picasa?

Warren C>
    Warren C.
    there isn't a way to do that yet. currently palm only has APIs with facebook & photobucket for direct photo-uploading from the pre. i hope to see more services soon, too...

a workaround for the time being would be to use pixelpipe to do it. the way it works is like this:

1) you sign up for a pixelpipe account and get a unique email address that you can email pictures to
    2) depending on what you put in the subject of the email, pixelpipe will know which service to upload the images to
    3) that's it...but before you sign up for a pixelpipe account check to see if picasa is one of the supported services.
    You can also enable the "upload photos by email" feature in your Picasa Web Albums settings. it will assign a unique email address that you send all your photos to.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowbird240 View Post
    You can also enable the "upload photos by email" feature in your Picasa Web Albums settings. it will assign a unique email address that you send all your photos to.
    Yep. I did this with Flickr and made a contact for Flickr so it was easy to just email things to that contact. I imagine the same will work fine with Picasa.
    You can attach up to 20MB of photos in JPG, GIF and PNG formats.

First you need visit the Settings page and check "Allow me to upload photos by email." The secret email address where you can send your photos has the following format: username.secretkey@picasaweb.com, where secretkey needs to be defined in the settings.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/settings#

By default, Picasa Web uploads your photos to the built-in Drop Box albums, but it's a good idea to choose your destination by entering the name of an existing album in the subject of your email.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    Yep. I did this with Flickr and made a contact for Flickr so it was easy to just email things to that contact. I imagine the same will work fine with Picasa.
    That's what I did too. Then you just create a contact for Flickr with the email address. It's easy to email a picture that way.
    Here is the Picasa logo you can use as the contact photo in gmail for your picasa upload email address so that it can sync down to the Pre.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snowbird240 View Post

Tried it.....got it working....thanks....
    Warren C.
    yep, very cool. Why would we need a picasa logo image?
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    yep, very cool. Why would we need a picasa logo image?
    For the contact card in your Pre that is created when you create the email address.
    I downloaded Picasa on my Pre and it recognized my albums. I can use it almost as if on my pc.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    I downloaded Picasa on my Pre and it recognized my albums. I can use it almost as if on my pc.
    wow didn't realize you could actually download it and use it! That's great!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmantn View Post
    wow didn't realize you could actually download it and use it! That's great!
    That's because you can't. There currently is no Picasa software app for the Pre. What Holley2583 might be referring to is the Homebrew GoogyOS or MobiOS apps which have a Picasa shortcut to the web version. Which would be the same if you typed picasa.google.com in your Pre browser and logged in.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Easy enough - would still like to see increased integration like mentioned above...
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    +1, I do the same.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    I don't know if it's just me but the email upload for Picasa only works from my gmail account not my yahoo, fyi
    Just thought I could BUMP this thread. I know there are more important things for Palm to do, but I think we have been pretty patient, and I wanted this to get a little more notice.

Thanks
    I agree. Palm pre needs to get on track asap and realize why it has a camera on its phone. It needs picasa and flickr integration. Yes we can take snapshots but not being able to put them anywhere quickly and efficiently sets this phone back. It needs to be able to be setup to view photos by logging into your accounts and uplod and download and sort! Could be connected nicely with the pre installed photo software... A lot like how mail is setup for gmail in palm pre...viewing with the opton to download.
    I cannot send to the google picasa drop box from the camera program using "send vial email". It appears that this send does not work with email addresses that have a period in them before the @ sign. I can use it to send to emails that do not, but if it contains a period, the email send results in an error. Same is true for just using the email app and attaching the image. I can attach to emails that do not have a period in the name.

Actually, it looks like I cannot send an email to an address with a period in it.
    Last edited by JSCSJSCS; 02/18/2010 at 10:44 AM.
    i dont want pre-done versions of 1000 upload sites, i would rather want to be able to customize the photo up-loader to whatever site i want.