Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Do you guys think the Palm Pre is ever going to get games like the iphone?
    short answer, yes
    Long answer, yes- but I don't care. I rarely played games on my Treo and I'm not missing them now. I had Soduku, acid freecell, and acid solitaire.
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    i sure hope so, that's one of the iphones main draws IMO. They really needed atleast 2 or 3 really solid games at launch.
    They do have two good games :-P

They have SNES! FTW

You just need to be bawlzie enough to hack your phone...

lol
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    heh, maybe I will go that route if they don't release any decent games soon.
    I'm sure it will. At this point though, I just want me some Solitaire.
    Best Buy Mobile Rep (I'm off the clock, I speak for myself and not Best Buy)
  8. GFS
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    yeah, i'd like a card game app, but lately i've been really happy with the communication based apps on the phone. the web/texting/im/email stuff all works so fluidly, i find myself using the computer less and less.
    Quote Originally Posted by applepioneer121 View Post
    Do you guys think the Palm Pre is ever going to get games like the iphone?
    nah, with 100,000 units sold in the first week i doubt anyone will want to make games for it.
    Games will be available for sure I just don't think the Pre can handle 3D games like the iPhone.
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hchavarria View Post
    Games will be available for sure I just don't think the Pre can handle 3D games like the iPhone.
    the pre is every bit as powerful as the iphone and shouldn't have any problems with 3d gaming.
    Good to know. I read somewhere that the Pre didn't have a way to render 3D games.
    Not currently. But once the SDK opens up, there may be more options available.
    Quote Originally Posted by wmurch3 View Post
    the pre is every bit as powerful as the iphone and shouldn't have any problems with 3d gaming.
    When they start allowing applications access to the linux operating system that is

And then there is flash.....
    Someone more technically advanced than me can answer this, but I think the issue with games is the WebOS. It depends on Palm if they will open up the APIs for gaming because right now they are limited to web languages while the iphone uses Objective C.
    You guys do realize that there is a YouTube video showing you how to use your Pre as a Playstation console? The guy even has it hooked up to a keyboard controller.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    the Palm Pre actually has the same cpu and graphics processor as the newly announced Iphone 3G-S. Hopefully this means some of the games developed for the Iphone are ported to work on Palm's WebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    You guys do realize that there is a YouTube video showing you how to use your Pre as a Playstation console? The guy even has it hooked up to a keyboard controller.
    As much as I would like playing games I will wait for a less invasive manner of doing so.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    AFTER you get root access to the linux kernal.

I'll wait until these games show up in the app catalog lol. I like my warranty
    AFTER you get root access to the linux kernal.

I'll wait until these games show up in the app catalog lol. I like my warranty
    Good point. I'm just seeing a lot of people coming up with apps and even a camcorder so I can't imagine that the official version of some of them won't be out shortly.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast