1. yoe
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I want to take the Pre jogging.. I was wondering if anybody found a good arm band to use with the Pre?

I also wanted to give a shout out to all developers to make an application that:

A: uses the GPS to log where you ran / biked and draw a cool little trail, showing how fast you went and how far..

B: connects to a Bluetooth heart rate monitor and keeps you in check

C: plays cool music by how fast you run

D: uploads all your statistics to your account online!

THE PRE CAN DO THIS!
    I would purchase such a program ... sounds incredibly useful, as well as cool enough to show off.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I REALLY want an armband!!!!!

And I would love the program you described. I would settle for something that just tracked distance and made your trail on google maps or something. I think the bluetooth heart rate monitor and music thing are a bit much for me. A simple GPS distance tracker which draws your trail would be great. And if it could track speed every so often for reference later that would be awesome too. I think runners, bikers, and hikers would all love this app.

I do triathlons and I would love a program for tracking my bikes and runs on the Pre
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    I would love an armband. Running while listening to Pandora is pretty awesome.
    I would love an armband. Running while listening to Pandora is pretty awesome.
    Although it's not made for the Pre, the Pre is compact enough that it actually fits in the iPod classic armband. Now that I have Pandora, it's awesome to not load playlist and be able to listen on a bluetooth headset when I'm at the gym.

Having said that, I'm sure someone will come up with a armband that will also allow us to take advantage of our slide out keyboard.
    Last edited by bdhu2001; 06/14/2009 at 09:07 PM.
    I would also love this application! I currently use a polar FT 80 watch/heart rate monitor. if the pre and my polar could talk to each other and also send the info automatically to my personal polar training website, it would be amazing! somebody please make this app!
    i use a treadmill and leave my phone on the counter. AVRCP is also your friend
    I was in bestbuy earlier tryin out case. The DLO Zune 2gen (w/the all clear window) fit really good! Stay away from the ipod touch mode its 2 tight.
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    I have been jogging with it for the past few days. It sucks having to carry it. I use the s9 bluetooth headset and it doesn't work well in my pocket. So, I have to have a armband. Please, come up with an arm band and that app would also be great.

Maybe if we can get enough people interested in it. We can send a link to the developers and to the manufactures of the arm bands.
    Quote Originally Posted by yoe View Post
    I want to take the Pre jogging.. I was wondering if anybody found a good arm band to use with the Pre?

I also wanted to give a shout out to all developers to make an application that:

A: uses the GPS to log where you ran / biked and draw a cool little trail, showing how fast you went and how far..

B: connects to a Bluetooth heart rate monitor and keeps you in check

C: plays cool music by how fast you run

D: uploads all your statistics to your account online!

THE PRE CAN DO THIS!
    There is this company That I have mentioned Runkeeper. Looks like pretty good software. I sent them an email once already and they said they were open to making it for other platforms besides the Iphone. But I'm guessing if more people email about making one for the pre they will be more willing to look into it? So go to www.runkeeper.com and email them. !! I want to get rid of my Nike+ and ipod