Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    From 4 feet onto concrete.

My exactly week old Pre slipped out of my suit-coat when I pulled it out from the car. I saw that the coat was inverted right before I saw the phone fall (Matrix-like slow-mo).

It's o.k.!

Apart fron a slight scuff on the lower right corner, everything is just fine. Successful drop test. May you not have to do the same.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
  3.    #3  
    Um..., yeah.

Sorry. I didn't happen to have a camera handy during the second I dropped my phone, uh... So I guess I made it up.
    VisorPhone Clone
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    Why would you care if he had pics or not? Is the story that unbelievable? If he claimed he dropped it from the roof the house, then I'd probably ask for a pic/video. Otherwise, why do you care?

OP. That makes me a little less scared. I drop my phones a lot, and I was scared if I dropped this one, the screen might start cracking!
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    Um..., yeah.

Sorry. I didn't happen to have a camera handy during the second I dropped my phone, uh... So I guess I made it up.
    yeah, i think he means picture of the damage as it stands now.
    I think your story will be met with sincere skepticism, seeing as how Pre screens are cracking as they are simply carried in a pants pocket.

You are incredibly lucky assuming your story is true. Pres seem to be cracking by just lying on a desk w/o being touched. Surviving a drop test from 4 feet sounds so unbelievable considering other's experiences.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
    yeah, i think he means picture of the damage as it stands now.
    I guess by that reasoning if I show you pics of my kids it is proof I am not a virgin?

Fine. I shall find a camera and post soon.
    VisorPhone Clone
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Sorry about that, yeah i was wondering what the damage looked like after. Did you have a case or protective skin?
    I guess by that reasoning if I show you pics of my kids it is proof I am not a virgin?

Fine. I shall find a camera and post soon.
    why so hostile?
    If a picture shows his PRE not damaged or only slightly scuffed...what would that prove? Unless he had a camera crew or photographer following him and caught the drop on camera....a pic wouldn't prove anything. I believe his story since my wife dropped her PRE a couple of days ago and only suffered a slight scuff on the edge.
    Just curious, has anyone dropped their pre yet and what's the condition of the phone after that ?
    lol there is a thread just a few below yours talking about the same thing
    duh.. mod, please merge or delete my thread. Thanks.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
    why so hostile?
    Thought I was being humorous. Whatever...

Pics: Of the scuff, proof "of life," offending concrete and vehicle...

I am not sure what these prove besides I have a crappy point and shoot, but there you go.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    VisorPhone Clone
    Thank God we have pics now!! just kidding.
  16.    #16  
    Also, I will have to say, this almost never happens to me. I cannot remember the last time I actually dropped my phone. As a result, i never use skins or cases or anything - don't have insurance, nada.
    VisorPhone Clone
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Also, I will have to say, this almost never happens to me. I cannot remember the last time I actually dropped my phone. As a result, i never use skins or cases or anything - don't have insurance, nada.
    Are you going to use a skin now?

I was a total cheap a$$ before now, but i'm using a skin and i got insurance.
    I had the exact opposite scenario with my first Pre. I rarely drop or mishandle phones, but I dropped my first Pre from about 4 feet high onto berber carpet at work. No scuffs at all on the phone, which was lucky for me, since the touchscreen was non-functional after the drop! The phone was having reception issues as well, and also some light bleeding on the screen, so it was going to be returned anyway. But I picked up insurance on my second Pre after seeing how a drop onto a carpeted surface incapacitated my first one
    My Pre fell before I got a skin on it, about 3-4 feet onto hard tile ;p. The screen was not damaged thank goodness, just a tiny crack on top of the Pre near the silencing switch. Also, the fall primarily was due to the POS holster that they were selling at the Sprint store. I barely touched a table I was near and bam down my phone went due to the holster opening. Needless to say, I returned the holster and I am using the nice leather case and Ghost Armor skin.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    We'll I've dropped two now (one of them my dads) First was from about 3.5 feet flew out of the plastic clip when I jumped off the boat. The screen has a slight darker area with polarized sunglasses on. The second was about the same height, same clip caught on my boat seat. Landed face down on the non skid floor. The slider is really lose now but phone still works great!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast