1.    #1  
    Is there a way to 'select all' in a text field? If not, is direly needed.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Hold the shift button (arrow) and scroll left or right. Dont drag the text selector in a diagonal motion, it works best moving left/right.
    Follow Me On

3.    #3  
    I'm aware of it but doesn't work well for a quick select all... it takes way too much effort to get the whole string. It needs to be a shift double press or something.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    The arrow technique doesn't work correctly for me either. There's got to be something we're missing.
    I refuse to believe there's no shortcut for something so essential for cut/copy/paste.
    C'mon. Where is it people? Where's the 'Select All' function hiding?
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    I found myself wanting that as well. I typically erase all the reply-to gobbledy-gook in emails before replying, but found myself leaving it in without a select-all.
    They should add the option to press "Shift + A" or "Orange + A" to select all.
    Follow Me On

Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    They should add the option to press "Shift + A" or "Orange + A" to select all.
    But what if you want to type a capital "A" or a question mark in the field? They can't add those shortcuts because it would cause some confusion. Yes, you could just tap the shift/orange key to get a capital A/question mark, but they can't support holding down the buttons and typing for some letters/symbols but not others.

I guess it could work if they give you the "option" to do it like you said, make it a setting or something so people at least know they are changing that form of operation.
    Shift then A would make a capital. But they can change it so that holding shift & pressing A would select all. Or just Orange + Shift + A
    Follow Me On

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    It should be the same as the shortcuts for Cut/Copy/Paste:

Hold a finger on the gesture zone (you'll see the button light come on and stay solid) and then hit A.

This way would fix the problem of if you wanted a capital A or a "&" and would keep consistency with the current shortcuts they built in: Cut (gesture zone touch + X) Copy (GZT + C) and Paste (GZT + V)
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    BTW, once you master the shortcuts for Cut Copy and Paste you'll be able to move text around, from app to app way way faster (no 3 taps for EACH action....just a simple highlight, GZT+X,C or V....very slick - nice work Palm)
    Quote Originally Posted by turtle3 View Post
    Hold a finger on the gesture zone (you'll see the button light come on and stay solid) and then hit A.
    This way would fix the problem of if you wanted a capital A or a "&" and would keep consistency with the current shortcuts they built in: Cut (gesture zone touch + X) Copy (GZT + C) and Paste (GZT + V)
    AWESOME IDEA!!!! Brilliant. I reaaaalllly hope that's what they have in mind for an update.
    My PDA history: ditched pre and upgraded back to the Treo 755p, Palm PRE, Treo 755p, 650, 600, TMobile Pocket PC, Visor Platinum, Kyocera Palmphone, Treo 300, Visor Silver, Ipaq H3600, Orig Handspring, and various and sundry other early iterations of PDA's.

That would work great...I wasn't aware of that shortcut! So much to learn...
    Best Buy Mobile Rep (I'm off the clock, I speak for myself and not Best Buy)
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts

great idea! hopefully someone is listening, and will implement this
    neathings - neatˇthings and apps for webOS
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts

I agree with everyone else. If this isn't an eventual update from Palm, then I will be puzzled. Hopefully they get word from the community.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    how about Copying a term from the browser or someone's name from a website? I have been unable to figure out how to select text on a webpage. Does anyone know if this is possible? I thought it was supposed to be.
    "You can't change people, only your reaction to them"
    Quote Originally Posted by tialoc View Post
    how about Copying a term from the browser or someone's name from a website? I have been unable to figure out how to select text on a webpage. Does anyone know if this is possible? I thought it was supposed to be.

Nope, cant do and it stinks. Hopefully this will be fixed or an app will allow it soon