1.    #1  
    Anyone else get mildly nauseous when using the pre (Okay spare the jokes here). I mean when surfing forums like these scrolling down trying to read the font, this especially happens when I am really into what I am reading.

It doesn't happen all the time and it usually only happens after about 20+ minutes of scrolling through web pages. This has nothing to do with the phone, just how my body is, I was just wondering if its happened to anyone else?
    time for glasses?
    Only happens when I'm in the car looking down at the PRE. Other then that, I'm pretty much use to it coming from an iPhone. Are you on the computer a lot? Its no different, in fact its probably better for your eyes looking at a phone rather than a computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Integrals View Post
    Anyone else get mildly nauseous when using the pre (Okay spare the jokes here). I mean when surfing forums like these scrolling down trying to read the font, this especially happens when I am really into what I am reading.

It doesn't happen all the time and it usually only happens after about 20+ minutes of scrolling through web pages. This has nothing to do with the phone, just how my body is, I was just wondering if its happened to anyone else?
    Interesting you should bring this up as I experienced this the other day, but again I was reading forums in the car and thats a big motion sickness normality ... I was on the verge of heaving lol but it passed ...

Other than in the car looking down at a small screen while you are in motion i have yet to experience this and will have to agree with the above that the need for glasses could have the same effect especially if your feeling very tired at night and have headaches ...
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by vutha View Post
    Only happens when I'm in the car looking down at the PRE. Other then that, I'm pretty much use to it coming from an iPhone. Are you on the computer a lot? Its no different, in fact its probably better for your eyes looking at a phone rather than a computer.
    I use my computer many hours a day, I am a slave to it for work, scrolling doesn't bother me but I think its because I am not so close, so it could be linked to the me going blind haha. I could be too close to the screen (thus cutting out the background) so as the screen moves my body thinks its moving (see virtual boy effect)

I can see the headline now "in other news pre central.net helps man diagnose medical problem"

Ill look into the glasses thing, It usually happens when I am walking or in motion, so it could also be linked to that.

Curious :-P
    Last edited by Integrals; 06/14/2009 at 05:14 PM.
  6.    #6  
    I hate to post twice but this just came up.

At least I am not to the point where I am on the forums going "I dont understand, my phone wont multitask and the keyboard is always extended, and the touch no longer works!"

and you guys go "Dude, put down your blackberry, your pre is to the left buddy"

hah
  7. GFS
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    i get sick when i play 3rd person shooter games on the PSP in the car, for sure.
    Only when I'm in the car.
    When reading the forums put the Pre in landscape position and double click any message but not on a link. The browser will auto zoom into that "frame" in a very readable format!!!! It is GREAT!!!
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Time to call in House...
    Check your ears. Nausea usually is an ear/stomach problem.

Usaually_ not always.

I did a search for computer dizziness (on google) and the funniest result came up.

An e-book.

Anyhow... I just read that people a .... Ahhh.. How can I be politically correct ... Heavy? ...tend to look downward and flex throat muscles causing you to slow circulation creating a dizziness. Nausea comes into play for the lack of blood which causes oxygen deprevation and gives you a sick like effect.

So... What I did was get my fat *** a gps holder for my chrysler 300 and read the phone straight forward.

On a serious note... Hopefully your not driving @ the same time as using your phone.
    Last edited by JohnnyPre; 06/14/2009 at 06:35 PM.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    Check your ears. Nausea usually is an ear/stomach problem.

Usaually_ not always.

I did a search for computer dizziness (on google) and the funniest result came up.

An e-book.

Anyhow... I just read that people a .... Ahhh.. How can I be politically correct ... Heavy? ...tend to look downward and flex throat muscles causing you to slow circulation creating a dizziness. Nausea comes into play for the lack of blood which causes oxygen deprevation and gives you a sick like effect.

So... What I did was get my fat *** a gps holder for my chrysler 300 and read the phone straight forward.

On a serious note... Hopefully your not driving @ the same time as using your phone.
    Hmm, never even knew about that, I am not heavy set, but instead I might be in awe of the pres greatness thus taking my breath away and slowing my circulation :-P
    actually i do think that most of the time it's quite difficult to read text on the pre. it has to do with websites that set their column width to be really wide. it's good practice to keep column width to be around 13 - 15 words for readability, but a lot of sites don't do that unfortunately. so, i find myself constantly having to turn the phone sideway so that i can actually read the text.