1.    #1  
    Dumn question, but what do the "EV" and "1x" icons at the top of the screen mean? Are they wireless connection speeds? Good? Bad?

Thanks,

Lawrence
    Quote Originally Posted by Skysurfer View Post
    Dumn question, but what do the "EV" and "1x" icons at the top of the screen mean? Are they wireless connection speeds? Good? Bad?

Thanks,

Lawrence
    It's swapping between EVDO and 1X isn't it? EVDO is a faster data connection and uses less battery power. 1X is slower and takes more juice. Among other reception issues, for some reason a lot of Pres are having trouble maintaining EVDO.
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    i've been getting EVDO all over the place. I love it. I just now today got 1X driving out in the country...still, pandora didn't skip a beat
    Quote Originally Posted by wmurch3 View Post
    i've been getting EVDO all over the place. I love it. I just now today got 1X driving out in the country...still, pandora didn't skip a beat
    Can I have yours?
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sake View Post
    Can I have yours?
    ha no way i paid dearly for this toy. trust me
    EVDO is the technology Sprint (and Verizon and Alltel) use for their wireless 3G data networks. 1X is short for 1XRTT, which is the older network used for voice and much slower data speeds. Ideally, your phone should be using 1X during phone calls only, and during all other times it should be remaining on EV. If it's switching constantly between EV and 1X during normal operation, it means you're probably in a low EVDO coverage area.