1.    #1  
    For you lucky Pre owners, If you are doing something with an active internet connection (Email,Streaming music, etc..) and someone calls you does it drop the internet and let you answer or does it send the phone call into voicemail?
    Thanks
  2. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tsanders3 View Post
    For you lucky Pre owners, If you are doing something with an active internet connection (Email,Streaming music, etc..) and someone calls you does it drop the internet and let you answer or does it send the phone call into voicemail?
    Thanks
    It interrupts the data connection if you are not on a WiFi network. This is a limitation of Sprint's network.

If you are on WiFi, you can do simultaneous voice and data.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    It interrupts the data connection if you are not on a WiFi network. This is a limitation of Sprint's network.

If you are on WiFi, you can do simultaneous voice and data.
    I know this to was true with me and Verizon as well. Are GSM networks capable of simultaneous voice and data transfers?
    As far as I'm aware, no one really allows simultaneous data and voice. There are really not too many occasions I can think of that warrant having both. But that's just me, can't speak for othes.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pingpongitore View Post
    As far as I'm aware, no one really allows simultaneous data and voice. There are really not too many occasions I can think of that warrant having both. But that's just me, can't speak for othes.
    I haven't yet with the pre, but its not a rare occurrence that I'm on the phone with someone and need to check something online and dont have another means. Usually I just post pone and find the information later, but if its important, I'd check and then call back...
    Quote Originally Posted by poldim View Post
    I know this to was true with me and Verizon as well. Are GSM networks capable of simultaneous voice and data transfers?
    3G GSM does, yes.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    To the OP, it's a crap shoot. Yesterday was the first time the phone rang when I was online. I want to figure out how to give priority to all incoming calls and override any data services. But lately I've been missing more calls because email's been pushing through, or I've been texting or online. Frustrating, in a word.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomascco View Post
    To the OP, it's a crap shoot. Yesterday was the first time the phone rang when I was online. I want to figure out how to give priority to all incoming calls and override any data services. But lately I've been missing more calls because email's been pushing through, or I've been texting or online. Frustrating, in a word.
    I think you also have to be in an EVDO environmnet for voice to disconnect data. I know that's the case with my 800w. If I'm in a 1x environment, calls go straight to voicemail if on the internet.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by pingpongitore View Post
    It works extremely well when I tether my ATT Bold to my laptop and be able to be on a call at the same time. Its one of those if you haven't used it, you won't miss it, but once you do, its hard to go back without. Kinda like threaded SMS.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    If someone calls you while youre on the web, a call notification screen will pop up and internet data would interrupt. You shouldn't lose/miss a call. Also you can send and receive text while on call.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    I think you also have to be in an EVDO environmnet for voice to disconnect data. I know that's the case with my 800w. If I'm in a 1x environment, calls go straight to voicemail if on the internet.
    This is a Sprint peculiarity. Verizon uses CPOP to interrupt a 1xRTT data connection when a call comes in.
    So far mine has sent all calls through (when the Pre has service, most the time I am using my old Sprint phone cause the Pre signal is screwy) and paused MAJOR data (ie web etc.). On WiFi it leaves everything working and calls come through fine.

Again, this is when the Pre has service. Palm really needs to fix that though, or a lot of people are going to be turning their phones back in. It is a phone first after all.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    This is a Sprint peculiarity. Verizon uses CPOP to interrupt a 1xRTT data connection when a call comes in.
    Any confirmation that sprint does not have this?