1.    #1  
    Hey guys. A relative of mine is getting the Pre and, being the "tech guy" of the family, he's asked me a question that has me stumped a little bit.

He currently has a Treo 650 and wants to either keep it for a little while or get the Pre. In either case, he needs to do one thing first: Move everything from Palm Desktop on Windows to the PIM apps on his new iMac (iCal and Address Book). Since I haven't had a Palm for a while (and the fact that I don't have his laptop with Palm Desktop around me right now), I'm wondering if there's a fairly easy way to export from PD then import onto the Mac. Remember, I can't just use the Data Transfer Assistant because my relative will not have the Pre at the time he wants to do this data transfer, but he still wants me to this data conversion.

So since I don't have PD in front of me (if so I could just dig through the menus and try to figure it out myself), I'd appreciate it if anyone could let me know a way to move data from Palm Desktop (the version that shipped with the Treo 650) onto the Mac.

Thanks so much.
  2.    #2  
    Anybody know how to do this?
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Badandy127 View Post
    Hey guys. A relative of mine is getting the Pre and, being the "tech guy" of the family, he's asked me a question that has me stumped a little bit.

He currently has a Treo 650 and wants to either keep it for a little while or get the Pre. In either case, he needs to do one thing first: Move everything from Palm Desktop on Windows to the PIM apps on his new iMac (iCal and Address Book). Since I haven't had a Palm for a while (and the fact that I don't have his laptop with Palm Desktop around me right now), I'm wondering if there's a fairly easy way to export from PD then import onto the Mac. Remember, I can't just use the Data Transfer Assistant because my relative will not have the Pre at the time he wants to do this data transfer, but he still wants me to this data conversion.

So since I don't have PD in front of me (if so I could just dig through the menus and try to figure it out myself), I'd appreciate it if anyone could let me know a way to move data from Palm Desktop (the version that shipped with the Treo 650) onto the Mac.

Thanks so much.
    First Hot sync with the Windows PD so he has a backup for all the data. Then how about if he syncs his Treo to the iMac PD, with the handheld overriding the PC? This way all his Treo data will be dumped onto the Mac PD.

Here's how to export the PD data into files that can be imported to iCal and Address Book:
    Palm.com : Export Palm Desktop (Mac) to iCal and Address Book

Hope that helps.

Robyn
    Palm Pilot -->Handspring Visor -->Handspring Visor Edge-->Treo 300-->Treo 650-->Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->Treo 755p
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the reply.

Looks like this might work! I'll let everyone know once I get the chance to do this.