Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    My phone went into a "phone offline" mode and I can't seem to figure out how to get it back up and running.. my reception sucks in the house .. maybe when it had no signal for so long it went into this mode, but i need to text and i can't get it back up..

i tried a reboot and everything.. please help!
    Quote Originally Posted by digiburd View Post
    My phone went into a "phone offline" mode and I can't seem to figure out how to get it back up and running.. my reception sucks in the house .. maybe when it had no signal for so long it went into this mode, but i need to text and i can't get it back up..

i tried a reboot and everything.. please help!
    It may not have any signal.

You sure your not in Airplane mode?
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    not in airplane mode and i can't even tell if i'm not getting a signal... i don't like how it's just in offline mode.. no bars or anything..
    Does signal come back of you go outside or someplace else?

Did you have Sprint before this phone?
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    no and no... very frustrating i must admit.. i just rebooted outside (where i usually get 5 bars) and it just comes on in offline mode..
    It really sounds like Airplane mode:

1) Did you activate in-store, with the phone working fine when you left?
    2) What happened before this, that could have caused it to go into Offline Mode?
    3) You have no airplane in the upper-right of your screen, right?

Push and hold your power button, cycle airplane mode a few times--perhaps you can reset whatever flag/etc that is causing it to stay in this mode. Make sure you do this from a site with good signal.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    had the phone since launch day, first time this has happened.. i did notice that right before this happened it flashed off while i was using the web browser .. then came back on and it was in offline mode.
    no airplane in the upper right and have tried what you have suggested.. i'm getting ready to head into downtown where there is a super strong signal.. see what happens then.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    working now. What I had to do was full reboot (turn off then back on, which by the way takes forever) ... it came back on in "Phone Offline" mode.. toggled the airplane mode on then off and it came back on .. whew! was driving me crazy.

I did this before the reboot and it didn't work.. actually it wouldn't even properly go into airplane mode... .. thanks for all the help tweeps!

~@bobbyburdette
    full reboot (turn off then back on, which by the way takes forever)
    Weird, only takes about 3 minutes for me.

My WM phone with apps loaded took anywhere from 5 minutes to 10 minutes.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Had the same thing happen to me yesterday....Not sure how this happened but was very frustrating!!! Finally rebooted and switched airplane on and off and it eventually came back, not sure what the deal was.
    do you use touchstone to charge ?
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rubenfan View Post
    do you use touchstone to charge ?
    Yes but hadn't been on the touchstone for over 8 hours at that point in the day...
    working now. What I had to do was full reboot (turn off then back on, which by the way takes forever) ... it came back on in "Phone Offline" mode.. toggled the airplane mode on then off and it came back on .. whew! was driving me crazy.

I did this before the reboot and it didn't work.. actually it wouldn't even properly go into airplane mode... .. thanks for all the help tweeps!

~@bobbyburdette
    I had a similar issue, actually called Sprint tech support. He had me try a bunch of hash codes to no avail. While on the phone, and after a reboot, I tried flipping airplane mode like you did and the phone came back online.
    Quote Originally Posted by imex99 View Post
    Had the same thing happen to me yesterday....Not sure how this happened but was very frustrating!!! Finally rebooted and switched airplane on and off and it eventually came back, not sure what the deal was.
    This exact thing happened to me last night but how did you reboot? Did you do it via the power button? I took out my battery and had to do it.
    I'm having the same issue, but nothing seems to work to fix it. The phone worked fine, and at one point I just noticed it said "Phone Offline" which I'd never seen before. I tried going into the phone app preferences which has a big "Turn off airplane mode button" but once you click it, it's just gray and doesn't do anything.

I tried rebooting several times, via the power button, resetting the palm from the device info app, and just taking the battery out... nothing helps. I tried toggling the airplane mode on and off from the top right corner menu, and that doesn't work either. If I reboot it with airplane mode on, it restarts in airplane mode and won't turn that mode off... it acts like it, but the plane always stays. If I reboot it with airplane mode off, it restarts in phone offline mode and turning airplane mode on and then off doesn't help.

So basically, my phone is useless now except for wi-fi which still seems to work. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by jivadent View Post
    I'm having the same issue, but nothing seems to work to fix it. The phone worked fine, and at one point I just noticed it said "Phone Offline" which I'd never seen before. I tried going into the phone app preferences which has a big "Turn off airplane mode button" but once you click it, it's just gray and doesn't do anything.

I tried rebooting several times, via the power button, resetting the palm from the device info app, and just taking the battery out... nothing helps. I tried toggling the airplane mode on and off from the top right corner menu, and that doesn't work either. If I reboot it with airplane mode on, it restarts in airplane mode and won't turn that mode off... it acts like it, but the plane always stays. If I reboot it with airplane mode off, it restarts in phone offline mode and turning airplane mode on and then off doesn't help.

So basically, my phone is useless now except for wi-fi which still seems to work. Any suggestions?
    If you can't get it to work by resetting a few times and toggling the airplane mode, then I suggest using WebOS Doctor. If that does not fix it, exchange your Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    If you can't get it to work by resetting a few times and toggling the airplane mode, then I suggest using WebOS Doctor. If that does not fix it, exchange your Pre.
    Yeah, that's my current plan. I took it into Sprint and they just tried resetting it and toggling airplane mode, which did not work. Finally they resorted to the full reset which erases everything, which also did not work... but also did not erase everything.

Now, I rooted my phone, so I'm guessing maybe that's why, but after the full reset, all my apps were still there and the mods I made (like having 5 launcher pages), etc. I tried running the WebOS Doctor with the phone plugged into USB, but the "Next" button was grayed out at the step where it was supposed to find the Pre... the one where it says I should plug it in. It kinda acted like it wasn't there.

In the meantime, the Pre battery ran down on power which put everything on hold, so I just plugged it into the wall for about 5 hours and the battery still says 0%. I'll leave it in overnight, but at this point I'm thinking hardware issue, given that it won't even charge. Sprint should have a new Pre for me early next week.
    If the next option is greyed out, power off your Pre completely. Wait 30 seconds, and then hold down the volume (down) button, as you plug in the USB cable. This takes you to a special mode.

It might be up, but I think it is down.
    I had this happen to me yesterday, but it only lasted about 10 seconds. Was pretty odd.
    I noticed it happened when I unplugged my phone from USB mode. Maybe try plugging it into USB mode & then removing it.
    Follow Me On

Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    If the next option is greyed out, power off your Pre completely. Wait 30 seconds, and then hold down the volume (down) button, as you plug in the USB cable. This takes you to a special mode.

It might be up, but I think it is down.
    Thanks, that got the WebOS Doctor to work! It was volume up btw. Also, my problem with the battery not charging was that I didn't have the back cover on. Since I was removing the battery to restart it, and the cover is plastic I figured it didn't hurt anything to not put it on, but apparently I was wrong. That cover does do something because as soon as I put it back on, it charged.

I reset it using WebOS Doctor and everything seemed to work great, but when it rebooted I got a screen of a sky with blue clouds, with the ring spinning in the middle for a couple of minutes. After that it popped up this message:

Phone Error

Your phone is experiencing an error that cannot be resolved.

Visit www.palm.com for help.
    So it seems like something is royally screwed on it.
Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast