Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    This happened to me earlier this week. Took it to Sprint and all they said was to flash it back to factory defaults and not use the Homebrew Apps. I found it weird that the Flashlight (wtih rooting) was still there. Maybe it might be something with fileCoaster installed on the phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by kkacatin View Post
    This happened to me earlier this week. Took it to Sprint and all they said was to flash it back to factory defaults and not use the Homebrew Apps. I found it weird that the Flashlight (wtih rooting) was still there. Maybe it might be something with fileCoaster installed on the phone?
    Nah, it happened to me way before fileCoaster ever existed. However, my phone was rooted at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by jivadent View Post
    If cell phones actually caused interference, that would be the simplest, easiest way for terrorists to bring down planes. The FAA wouldn't let you carry one on board period.
    I said this a few months ago in real life and everyone looked at me like I was crazy...
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Mine started for the first time almost immediately after I installed the homebrew app Quick Contacts 4 days ago. I've had my phone rooted since almost a week after the phone was released, and I've had tons of homebrews on my phone. But, no offline issue until I did the Quick Contacts install.

It's now happened about 4-5 times more since. I've had to cycle the phone off and on several times to get it back online.

Bob
    If your phone is going in and out of Airplane Mode follow these steps. Click on the PHONE icon. Then click on the SPRINT tab in the upper left hand corner. Select PREFERENCES. Scroll down to UPDATE NETWORK SETTINGS. Click it and all should be well.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rdethree View Post
    If your phone is going in and out of Airplane Mode follow these steps. Click on the PHONE icon. Then click on the SPRINT tab in the upper left hand corner. Select PREFERENCES. Scroll down to UPDATE NETWORK SETTINGS. Click it and all should be well.
    It's not "Airplane Mode"... the phone is simply going "Offline". Where the "Sprint" text is in the upper left, it says "Phone Offline", and the reception bars/EVDO block disappear as well with no little airplane popping up in it's place.

But... I went ahead and did the update anyway. I suppose it can't hurt.
    Last edited by bmoyer1; 09/04/2009 at 09:18 PM.
    ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT LISTEN UP LISTEN UP LISTEN UP..

i don't post much so forgive my noobness.. Anyway, I got a refurbished(my 4th pre), from fedex.. and apparently when I attempted to activate the phone. .. my palm profile was caught in limbo. I've spent the better part of the last 2 days attempting to fix it.. I have WEBOS DOCTORED 4 PLUS TIMES, RESET, TAKEN THE BATTERY OUT, WENT TO SPRINT 3 TIMES, CALLS, .. IN SHORT I WILL NOT LOSE!!! ok on to the answer...

My problem was that the phone would say """ OFFLINE """ in the top left hand corner, and have """no bars""" in the top right hand corner, the """battery""" would begin to drain as well as the phone """slowing""" to such a pace.. it was basically unusable.!! crazy i know..

After each reset, i had a usable phone.. my problem on the email was with GMAIL.. you know, the email that the phone is suppose to tout as the out of the box phenom!! well ,, the calendar associated with the gmail account i have appears to be the culprit. I deleted all but 6 emails, including archived, sent and deleted emails.. I then went out and took the calendars and exported them on to my desktop for safe keeping,, then deleted them from the account. I even opened another gmail account with no information in it and added it to my pre.. still no more OFFLINE symptoms.. I then added the old GMAIL account and was without the OFFLINE errors. Now my last effort will be to add back my calendar information.. aka IMPORT what I had back to my GMAIL account.

This shows that there is one HUGE flaw with synergy.. WE HAVE NO CONTROL OVER THE PALM PROFILE.. we can't edit.. or tell it what we want and don't want to sync. this is some bull.. but i love my phone.. and like I said I WILL NOT LOSE.!! I hope this helps.. sorry I didn't get to tell you if i could get my phone calendar back on .. but I'm getting tired.. and fear.. that i will not be enthusiastic enough to write it after I'm done.. enjoy.. palmers.. lol
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I have faced this a few times.

The solution that has best worked for me is to Turn on Airplane Mode and then turn it off.
    yes.. exporting the calendar information and importing it back in after a reset works to relieve the OFFLINE error.. hope it works for you as well.. don't forget to BACKUP your info!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark3nough View Post
    ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT LISTEN UP LISTEN UP LISTEN UP..

i don't post much so forgive my noobness.. Anyway, I got a refurbished(my 4th pre), from fedex.. and apparently when I attempted to activate the phone. .. my palm profile was caught in limbo. I've spent the better part of the last 2 days attempting to fix it.. I have WEBOS DOCTORED 4 PLUS TIMES, RESET, TAKEN THE BATTERY OUT, WENT TO SPRINT 3 TIMES, CALLS, .. IN SHORT I WILL NOT LOSE!!! ok on to the answer...

My problem was that the phone would say """ OFFLINE """ in the top left hand corner, and have """no bars""" in the top right hand corner, the """battery""" would begin to drain as well as the phone """slowing""" to such a pace.. it was basically unusable.!! crazy i know..

After each reset, i had a usable phone.. my problem on the email was with GMAIL.. you know, the email that the phone is suppose to tout as the out of the box phenom!! well ,, the calendar associated with the gmail account i have appears to be the culprit. I deleted all but 6 emails, including archived, sent and deleted emails.. I then went out and took the calendars and exported them on to my desktop for safe keeping,, then deleted them from the account. I even opened another gmail account with no information in it and added it to my pre.. still no more OFFLINE symptoms.. I then added the old GMAIL account and was without the OFFLINE errors. Now my last effort will be to add back my calendar information.. aka IMPORT what I had back to my GMAIL account.

This shows that there is one HUGE flaw with synergy.. WE HAVE NO CONTROL OVER THE PALM PROFILE.. we can't edit.. or tell it what we want and don't want to sync. this is some bull.. but i love my phone.. and like I said I WILL NOT LOSE.!! I hope this helps.. sorry I didn't get to tell you if i could get my phone calendar back on .. but I'm getting tired.. and fear.. that i will not be enthusiastic enough to write it after I'm done.. enjoy.. palmers.. lol
    You DO have control over synergy. Instead of doing ALL that, why not just remove the Google calendar association on your Pre?
    no 'Thanks'
    Quote Originally Posted by digiburd View Post
    My phone went into a "phone offline" mode and I can't seem to figure out how to get it back up and running.. my reception sucks in the house .. maybe when it had no signal for so long it went into this mode, but i need to text and i can't get it back up..

i tried a reboot and everything.. please help!
    Switch the phone into "airplane mode on" and then turn back off the airplane mode. this fixed the problem for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by RMB View Post
    I have faced this a few times.

The solution that has best worked for me is to Turn on Airplane Mode and then turn it off.
    I agree. This just happened to me, turned on airplane mode, turned it off, worked like a charm.
    i had the same problem, just now when i was messing with webos quickinstall. i was messing around with the "tweaks" and got an error when trying to replace the battery icon with the percentage. thats when i noticed it happend. i had already changed boot,launcher, and dial screen... and didnt have the problem, i assumed it was the error. or ... something to do with the percentage tweak not working. uninstalled/reinstalled all the tweaks except for the batt. works fine...
    this happens to me also just restart ur phone and leave it alone after is done restarting and it goes back to the network
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    only mod I have installed is the Black Theme, I rebooted Pre but still was stuck in offline. I flipped the Airplane mode on and turned it off and it was ok after that. Not sure why it happened but I went back to default theme...
    mine started a few days ago losing bars and EV icon then coming right back, resending text messages cause most didn't go the first time but did the second. It got worse til it no longer worked, meaning it didn't come back from the phone offline message at top left side. I redid everything today but have already started with the random offlines, I believe its going to get bad again, removing hacks and themes did not affect it. I/We don't know what is causing it. I am going to try to remove the google sync to it and see if that helps but this is ridiculous
    I got webos doctor working on the screen that ensues a hard reset by holding the vol up button while powering it in, then connecting via usb mode to webos doc and just restore. In case anyone gets stuck at this step
    Soft resetting my pre (orange+sym+r) with it plugged in my laptop via usb seems to work temporarily for me when switching airplane mode on and off doesnt work
    I had the same problem. Went to sprint and they said it was the profile and they reset phone and created a new profile. As soon as I added my exchange back it started happening again. So I started to look at my exchange. All looked ok with that (no eror in the logs) so I deleted and cleaned up my email (from 3.8 gig down to 1.8 gig PST file) and I have not had the problem since. I went back to my original pre profile and still no issue with the offline, sluggish or battery drain. Maybe the pre can't handle the size or maybe there was a bad email/calendar item. Wish I knew for sure what it was but its been 4 days and no issue.

Hope this helps.

sparkspnt
    crap this just happend to me
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast