Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Had this happen 2x in the past 10 days or so. Yeah, frustrated wondering what calls I'd missed... turns out none... final did a soft reset then the airplane back and forth and am fine. Not good to see though...
    This happened to me a few minutes ago when I was in a bad reception area. It looked like the phone was looking for service, didn't find any, and went into offline mode. I had to reset and then toggle airplane mode off and it's back to normal.
    Is this something new? Mine's done it twice in two days. One in an area that has good Roam signal and once here at work where I get very little Roam / Sprint signal. Is there an option where I can turn this off?
    Quote Originally Posted by bascheew View Post
    My phone also went into offline mode and I couldn't get it out, so I tried WebOS doctor and I'm getting the same error over blue clouds "Your phone is experiencing an error that cannot be resolved. Visit www_palm_com for help."
    This just happened to me today while I was playing Pandora and bluetoothing Pandora to my car stereo. A Full Reset wouldn't even work.
    This just happened to me a few minutes ago while sitting in my house (which doesn't have great Sprint coverage). Soft reset and toggling Airplane mode On and Off helped resolve the issue. Funny thing is, I never had this issue before until I used Airplane Mode for the first time 2 days ago.
    this has happened to me too, after i downloaded/installed v.1.1 using wifi to speed up the process. i have been able to use phone intermittently with signal, but it's pretty much alternating b/w offline mode and inconsistent signal. this is unusual since i have been getting excellent signal at home - full bars before this...

any help?
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    This happened to me starting 2 days ago, when my phone started ringing on the Touchstone. Since then, I haven't been able to get my Pre to work properly.

It goes from Phone Offline to No Signal, then back to Sprint, and rapidly drains the battery and makes the phone unresponsive. I live in a full coverage area.

I got a new phone yesterday, thinking it was a hardware issue. I created a new Palm account just to be safe, and once I tried syncing my Exchange email and contacts, the new phone started the same thing.

I already wasted a day yesterday on the phone with support and trying to get replacements, so I will probably have to go back to a WM phone today. I have to have Exchange...
    This has been a frequent issue with my Pre since I bought it over a month ago. At least once a day my phone will go into "Phone Offline" mode, making me miss calls and texts. The only way to kick it out of Phone Offline mode has been to do a reboot followed by taking it in and out of airplane mode. For some reason just trying to take it in and out of airplane mode without a reboot does not work. The signal here is really good too, almost always 5 bars.

I really wish I'd have replaced my phone within the 30 days, but my nearest sprint store is 80 miles away. On top of that my phone now keeps getting stuck in headphone mode (without my headphones being plugged in), I managed to fix it with a Q-Tip but I'm just really bummed about my phone and I'm having some trust issues with its hardware in general.
    Last edited by timks; 08/10/2009 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Clarification
    I'm also having this "phone offline" issue several times per day. Sometimes airplane mode and a reset don't even bring the signal back. My Pre is almost useless now, and it sounds like a replacement doesn't fix it.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    the Pre has terrible reception.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    The funny thing is my g/f has a pre and she has never seen this happen. I have had it happen to me 3 or 4 times. I can't find any commonalities between the people that have the issue and the others that don't.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I narrowed down the problem for myself. My phone started getting really laggy and sluggish and constantly went in and out of phone offline mode. My battery drained super fast and got very hot. First I hard reset my phone and all was well. Phone was stable and battery was good again. So I add my google calendar/email to my Pre and all is well. I wait a few days and phone works fine. The second I add my Exchange account the phone gets real laggy and sluggish and the phone goes Offline and drains the battery down super fast.

The funny thing was, Exchange was working fine on my phone from the beginning, the issue just started up yesterday for me, I finally narrowed it down to my exchange account. MS Exchange 2003 backend servers. No clue why this happening.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Yeap, it looks like it is the same with me. I have no idea what is causing mine either.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I've had a similar issue with my phone. It only happens when I leave it on the Touchstone overnight. In the morning there is no signal ("searching") and the battery is at zero. Rebooting solves the problem. I still use the Touchstone for charging, but remove the phone when it's fully charged. While the problem happened repeatedly, it hasn't reoccurred since I stopped leaving it on the Touchstone when fully charged.
    I've resolved this by running the webos doctor to go back to a clean 1.0.4 Pre. I'll continue to test on 1.0.4 until it forces me to 1.1. I'll wait a bit more before I do some root-related things (patches, cron jobs, etc) and install all of the homebrew apps I used. If it still doesn't go into "phone offline" mode all the time, I can only blame Exchange, and I won't bother putting it back on.

Note: removing exchange from my Pre did not resolve the issue, but my current theory is that reflashing with webos doctor and NOT adding exchange will resolve the issue
    this just happened to me when I "tweaked" mine in webOS Quick Install. Had to reset it a couple times. Scared me though!
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    This started happening to me the second I edited my bar-assistant.jsjsjs $to$ $change$ $the$ $color$ $and$ $the$ $text$ $of$ $what$ $the$ $carrier$ $logo$ $is$. $I$ $remember$ $looking$ $at$ $the$ $patch$, $and$ $one$ $of$ $the$ $lines$ $says$ $to$ $replace$ $a$ $line$ $that$ $has$ $the$ $text$ $that$ $says$ &$quot$;$Phone$ $offline$&$quot$; $with$ $the$ $custom$ $text$ $that$ $you$ $want$, $and$ $remember$ $looking$ $at$ $it$ $and$ $thinking$, &$quot$;$that$ $isn$'$t$ $right$..&$quot$; $so$ $i$ $didn$'$t$ $apply$ $that$ $part$ $of$ $the$ $patch$ $to$ $my$ $pre$. $Ever$ $since$ $this$ $has$ $happened$. $I$ $am$ $going$ $to$ $try$ $to$ $go$ $back$ $to$ $the$ $original$ $bar$-$assistant$.$js$ $to$ $see$ $if$ $this$ $helps$. $If$ $everyone$ $here$ $has$ $done$ $this$, $then$ $that$ $is$ $the$ $string$ $IMHO$ $that$ $is$ $connecting$ $this$ $issue$ $between$ $everyone$. $If$ $not$, $we$ $can$ $keep$ $looking$..
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    This happened to me last night. Just got a replacement due to some other issues. Not phone offline. I have an airave in the house and never go below 2 bars. Last night the phone went into the sleep mode and when it came out it was offline. Tried putting it into and out of airplane mode and still nothing. Even with the airplane mode off it still had the airplane icon. First time i have ever seen this on the pre. My old one never did this to me?? Hoping this isn't going to be a common thing or going to ask for another phone!
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerusty View Post
    I've resolved this by running the webos doctor to go back to a clean 1.0.4 Pre. I'll continue to test on 1.0.4 until it forces me to 1.1. I'll wait a bit more before I do some root-related things (patches, cron jobs, etc) and install all of the homebrew apps I used. If it still doesn't go into "phone offline" mode all the time, I can only blame Exchange, and I won't bother putting it back on.

Note: removing exchange from my Pre did not resolve the issue, but my current theory is that reflashing with webos doctor and NOT adding exchange will resolve the issue
    I'm happy to report that adding everything back on my phone besides Exchange has resulted in no "phone offline" issues. I recommend the process I did above to anyone with this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerusty View Post
    I'm happy to report that adding everything back on my phone besides Exchange has resulted in no "phone offline" issues. I recommend the process I did above to anyone with this issue.
    I can't even get Exchange to go away.

I try deleting the account, and it still shows up.

A hard refresh and signing into my Palm Profile brings it back too.

Why is this phone so buggy???
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast