Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Weird. Maybe it needs to be reconfigured for Sprint service. I would check your stuff under ##3282# and ##DEBUG#
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    Weird. Maybe it needs to be reconfigured for Sprint service. I would check your stuff under ##3282# and ##DEBUG#
    That's a good theory... I did activate my old Treo yesterday so I could have a phone while this issue got fixed. I was hoping the Pre would at least be able to access the Sprint network for like dialing 911 and such after reboot, and then I was gonna reactivate it. As far as the hash codes go, none of them seem to work... the only key combo I've gotten it to do anything with so far is orange+sym+r.

I think I'm gonna try the webOS Doctor again.
    Quote Originally Posted by jivadent View Post
    I think I'm gonna try the webOS Doctor again.
    No luck... same error after a second doctoring
    I had this happen, and continue to occur the phone would get kicked into phone offline mode every couple minutes, I ended up doing a Full Erase via the Device Info menu and it hasn't happened since.

BTW, this was also killing my battery. But again since the Erase everything is peachy.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    It happened to me twice in the first week. It seemed to always happen when I was at work, with my crappy signal. So I turned off roaming, and not having it jump constantly between not-roaming and roaming seemed to do the trick for me.....
    Bok
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    My phone also went into offline mode and I couldn't get it out, so I tried WebOS doctor and I'm getting the same error over blue clouds "Your phone is experiencing an error that cannot be resolved. Visit www_palm_com for help."

I even tried to load a firmware that bypasses activation and I get the same error. Obviously if the phone is stuck in Offline Mode the Palm activation wizard will refuse to function and I can't do anything now.
    Yeah, I had to get a replacement. Since not even reflashing the ROM fixed it, I'm guessing it's a hardware issue.

My phone also went into offline mode and I couldn't get it out, so I tried WebOS doctor and I'm getting the same error over blue clouds "Your phone is experiencing an error that cannot be resolved. Visit www_palm_com for help."

I even tried to load a firmware that bypasses activation and I get the same error. Obviously if the phone is stuck in Offline Mode the Palm activation wizard will refuse to function and I can't do anything now.
    Quote Originally Posted by bascheew View Post

Yeah, I had to get a replacement. Since not even reflashing the ROM fixed it, I'm guessing it's a hardware issue.
    Actually, WebOS Doctor would be a bad idea if you go into "phone offline," mode, since the problem most-likely resides in the modem, and quick entry into the dialpad can usually fix it. Did you guys check your MSID, MDN, and your vision username/password before you flashed back to stock? If the modem got reset, or somehow had the wrong information in it, you won't be able to get back to program it.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    I had this happen 2 me 2day. I'm a pilot and when I'm flying, my Pre is in airplane mode. But when we got on the ground and I turned off AM, it went into the offline mode. We even went into town where I typically get a decent signal but couldn't get it online. I finally got it back on by cycling the airplane mode several times.

Posted from my Palm Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazo View Post
    I had this happen 2 me 2day. I'm a pilot and when I'm flying, my Pre is in airplane mode. But when we got on the ground and I turned off AM, it went into the offline mode. We even went into town where I typically get a decent signal but couldn't get it online. I finally got it back on by cycling the airplane mode several times.

Posted from my Palm Pre.
    Do you turn your phone off, because the battery will die, (searching for service like crazy,) or do you actually think it interferes with your flight controls?
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    I don't turn off my phone but do turn on airplane mode. AM should turn off all the transmitters and not search for a signal (thus not draining the batt).

As far as interference, the FAA still hasn't officially stated if they do or don't. I (and thus my passengers) do not allow cell phones to be used during flights. Better safe than sorry IMO.

Posted from my Palm Pre.
    Ah the only reason I ask is that I have several friends that are pilots, and they actually use their cell on the plane quite a bit.

Sometimes it's hard to hear them though, as it's noisy, but they tell me the #1 reason why they don't want the cell usage on the plane is because PEOPLE ARE ANNOYING! can you imagine if everyone around you was talking on their phone? I'd shoot myself.

That, and the ground network has trouble with the tower-switches... you are traveling quite fast.

The CEO of my last company used to own a major player in the aviation electronics etc, and for anything in the plane to meet code, it has to NOT be disrupted by interference. Pretty obvious, to me.

Plus, now flights are offering cellular-based internet, WIFI, and other stuff... seems that they also just want to make money by creating rules that prevent normal use of your communications equipment.
    I think getting a signal on a plane depends on what kind you fly. I lose signal through about 5 thousand feet, and I cruise at 30 something usually. No signal there.
    As far as interference, the FAA still hasn't officially stated if they do or don't. I (and thus my passengers) do not allow cell phones to be used during flights. Better safe than sorry IMO.
    If cell phones actually caused interference, that would be the simplest, easiest way for terrorists to bring down planes. The FAA wouldn't let you carry one on board period.
    Quote Originally Posted by mynameisjim View Post
    I think getting a signal on a plane depends on what kind you fly. I lose signal through about 5 thousand feet, and I cruise at 30 something usually. No signal there.
    Weird, I used my data card for Verizon on my last flight ~30,000feet... wasn't reliable, but worked for basic stuff, intermittently.

If cell phones actually caused interference, that would be the simplest, easiest way for terrorists to bring down planes. The FAA wouldn't let you carry one on board period.
    DING DING DING!

You would have to check your phone, and they would put them in lead-lined, metal cases/bags.

I think this is more of an agreement with the carriers.. I know I was going through like 1 tower every 10 seconds at times... imagine if everyone was doing that? whew boy!

All of that could be solved by ground-to-air cell towers... they would need to be FAR LESS dense, and could offer signal up high, easily, but my main concern of people YAPPING on their phones sends chills down my spine.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    I'm glad that you think that your essential need to talk on the phone during a flight outweighs the safety of everyone else on board that flight.

Any way, we digress... as I walked back out to the airplane this evening I noticed the signal died as I was getting in the airplane. Maybe, as Airplane Mode is being enabled, it needs a signal of some sort? I could have been in a dead zone when I first turned AM off and that affected the "Phone Offline" status? I don't know. Just listing my experiences.
    I'm glad that you think that your essential need to talk on the phone during a flight outweighs the safety of everyone else on board that flight.

Any way, we digress... as I walked back out to the airplane this evening I noticed the signal died as I was getting in the airplane. Maybe, as Airplane Mode is being enabled, it needs a signal of some sort? I could have been in a dead zone when I first turned AM off and that affected the "Phone Offline" status? I don't know. Just listing my experiences.
    Who said they were talking on the flight? Anyways, there is absolutely no danger, as pointed out, if there was, terrorists would be brining phones on board to interfere. Even a modified phone that was somehow more powerful and DESIGNED to interfere with equipment, by a nefarious person, would not do anything to airplane electronics. If you look at the circuit boards, they are designed from the ground-up with shielded parts to prevent interference. I have been told that many plane electronics would even survive an EMP, due to the design.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    I have been told that many plane electronics would even survive an EMP, due to the design.
    LOL
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    My phone went to "offline mode" today...don't know how it happened. I had my phone in my pocket for about 3 hours and once I took it out to look at it it was on that mode. I did notice it drained, unusually, a lot of the battery. I always get 5 bars, full EV signal so don't know what happened.
    Orange + sym + r fixed the problem...weird
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    this just happened to me!...
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast