Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    When is the last time you updated your network settings and PRL? (Preferred Roaming List)

I'd try that, before anything else and see if it fixes it. To do this, open your phone app, tap in the upper left corner and select settings, scroll down and choose to update both and let them do their thing.

You can also check the settings in this same menu to make sure your data roaming is enabled. If it is set to Sprint only, then your phone radio will not freely use other networks when you hit a roaming area.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I just updated both the network settings and PRL (they both failed the first time) but they eventually updated.
    I tried sending a text message and so far it works. Hopefully it continues. If that was the only problem I thank you so much!
    Quote Originally Posted by justinmalek0 View Post
    I just updated both the network settings and PRL (they both failed the first time) but they eventually updated.
    I tried sending a text message and so far it works. Hopefully it continues. If that was the only problem I thank you so much!
    I really hope it keeps working for you!

If it doesn't, post back and I am sure more ideas to help will popup for you.
    I had the same problem on my first pre which was completely stock. If there's any chance it's still under warranty I'd have them replace it. Mine never came back up to call or txt or internet after 4 days. I didn't know of webosdoctor @ the time, but nothing I tried worked. Verizon replaced the phone no questions asked.
    I had a similar problem with my antenna, the display would drop my 3G symbol to 1x and I would be unable to get any data or make calls, then shortly after drop offline. That happened with any overclock combination that was below 500MHz and topped out at 1GHz, such as a 250/1000 screenstate. If I wanted to clock below 500MHz without the radio going crazy I could only top out the clock at the 800MHz setting (i.e. 250/800 screenstate). If I wanted to clock at 1GHz I'd have to stay above 500MHz (500/1000 screenstate).

Recovering when that happened only took loading up one of the "compatible" speed settings and shortly after the radio would come back to life and regain signal.
    Last edited by Orion Antares; 01/03/2011 at 06:18 PM.
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    Crapcrapcrap.

I had this problem occur a couple of times today and then I could NOT get Verizon again. No network. No solutions that I tried worked. So I doctored it.

Stupid.

Now I have a Palm Pre Plus that will not connect to a network. As a result, I cannot log in to my profile. What the heck do I do now???
    Contact Verizon?

Posted from my eVo!
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    This makes me sad. It's a Friday night.
    Have you made sure all the settings are on in the phone app, such as data roaming and etc?

I hate to see anyone disappointed on a Friday night!

Posted from my eVo!
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    Unfortunately, since I can't sign in to my profile, I can't get into the phone app, either.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Same problem as everyone else. I have tried everything (expecting Doctoring) which doesn't sound like the bets idea. I guess I'll have to get a hold of Sprint again....
    same problem here with the replacement i got two days ago. thinking of just downgrading to a pixi, but god, that would be like going from a BMW to a Honda... no offense to anyone.
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
    tried them. everything seems to work fine for a little while and then it just goes right back. this is my 5th replacement and ive got 2 pixi pluses that havent had any problems. i know its a downgrade, but when i need to use my phone, i need it to work. this sucks, but hopefully after feb 9th ill be looking forward to something better.
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Well like a fool I went to a Sprint store and didn't remove Preware (which at this point I don't know why I would have to)...They tell me they can't do anything because my phone has been "hacked" I laughed at them because they are just fools. I'll try another store tomorrow. Just so annoyed by all of this. I wish there was an easy fix for this "phone offline" problem. I may try to flash the modem...Just so annoyed at this point. I don't want to keep sprint anymore so I'm not willing to upgrade to another phone (and frankly I still love my Pre)...I'm at a loss at this point.

***As a side note. I've noticed that my phone mainly goes offline when I try to send a text (phone just freezes) or use gmail or any other mail for that matter. Not sure if anyone else is having that same problem...figured it may be good to share.
    Last edited by zepolant; 01/18/2011 at 10:13 PM. Reason: more info
    Last week my Sprint Pre started going offline intermittently as well. Figured it was a hardware problem as it was running bone stock software. Brought it to the Sprint store and the tech tried updating the Network Settings and PRL but it went offline again before I left the store so they ordered a refurb.

Went in to pick up tonight and the first one they gave me was still going offline while syncing Gmail and Yahoo accounts. So they activated yet another refurb and lo and behold same offline problem. By this time it was almost an hour after closing and all the techs had left already so nothing could be done.

Based on this and various other threads, it doesn't seem like there's a solution to this problem yet. It seems to me with my experience of 3 different handsets all experiencing the same problem within an hour of each other, that this is a software problem. So far I have tried setting both email accounts to manual sync only. Without the email app checking in, the phone does not seem to go offline and burn through the battery.

Why this is happening and why it happens out of the blue is still mysterious. Can any others comment on whether the email app seems to be the issue?
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I don't no if this will work and I'm srry if this has already posted this.

has anyone tryed a a java serices restart??
    Same thing has happened to me and my phone won't even charge past 9% as well! Until there is a fix I have to use my old BB Curve (kill me now) cause I don't want to pay a $100 deductable for a replacement when Sprint will hopefully be annonceing new phones soon.
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
    Thanks for the suggestions but I figured out the problem in my case. (Charging was never an issue for me, so my scenario is probably not the same as homerlanza's above.)

It turns out that the email app was in fact the culprit. There was an email in my Gmail box that was accidentally sent to every address at my school. The recipient list had over 10,000 addresses in it. The presence of this message in my inbox, even though I never opened it on my phone, was causing the phone to go offline intermittently (perhaps every time it checked for new messages?). Setting the phone to sync only 1 day of Gmail messages, and thus excluding the offending message, completely fixed the problem.

Not sure about the mechanism (buffer overflow?), but needless to say, this is a serious security bug in WebOS (1.4.5) that could conceivably be used to attack someone's phone and partially deny them service from the phone going offline, and the associated side effect of draining the battery. The recipient doesn't even have to open the message for this to work!

It has cost me time and 2 refurb phones (to replace a perfectly working unit) to figure this out. I'm not sure how to file a bug report with HP/Palm, so maybe someone can fill me in on the details? Or someone can just get it submitted and report back.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I don't no if any of you who are have this problem use the save and restore auto save thing but I just started using it on saturday and as soon as it started saving my pre went into offline mode for the first time.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    You can force flash the firmware: ModemFW Flash - WebOS Internals
    (somehow this seems to work better for GSM devices than it does for CDMA, based on my own experiences).

This issue has always been around but it exploded a few months ago. Could be normal hardware life expectancy. It's all Chinese crap so.
    Hey all,
    I was not able to flash my software ... i got the first line and warning but nothing further. Any idea's or is my hardware just dead?
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast