Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. jmeitz's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
       #1  
    If i push on the top left corner of my pre it makes a loud clicking noise. It looks like it presses in just a tad. all other corners seem to be tight. My wife's pre does not do this, this is something new on mine. anyone else have this issue.
  2. #2  
    just pressed the top corners on mine and the do press in and click.
  3. #3  
    My top left corner does the same clicking thing too, and the slider in general is a bit loose. I think it's a pretty minor issue, if an issue at all. I'll just get insurance on the phone and, if anything goes wrong down the road, I'll have it replaced.
  4. #4  
    Wow I never tried this before--you have to push REALLY hard to make it click.

    I don't see it as an issue. Having a slider means you will have issues like this on pretty much any device.

    I'm more annoyed by the creaking of the back cover while typing. I'm sure I'll be able to put some paper in there, but I've been too lazy up until now.
  5. jmeitz's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
       #5  
    My corner is actually really loose. I barely push on it and it pops. Like I said my wife's pre doesn't creek at all.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    Wow I never tried this before--you have to push REALLY hard to make it click.
    Maybe on yours but not on mine. I just tap anything a I normally would and CLICK. Pretty damn annoying. Considering I have owned slider phones before such as the Touch Pro and never had this sort of issue - it's a bit dissapointing.

    Trying to decide whether to exchange before my 30 days is up for one that is less clicky.
    John Y - Aka Levelbest

    Check out JOHNfm streaming on your Pre @ http://johnfm.com/pre
    Levelbest's Pre Wallpapers
  7. #7  
    I suppose mine does click in this way if I push hard enough. I also think it's inevitable in a slider--I'm not sure how you could engineer the thing without having gaps or making it cost a great deal more than it does. My HTC sliders were far looser from the minute I pulled them out of the box, not to mention over use. I hated pressing a button on my Touch Pro because it felt like I was crushing something important as I did so.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by levelbest View Post
    Maybe on yours but not on mine. I just tap anything a I normally would and CLICK. Pretty damn annoying. Considering I have owned slider phones before such as the Touch Pro and never had this sort of issue - it's a bit dissapointing.

    Trying to decide whether to exchange before my 30 days is up for one that is less clicky.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I suppose mine does click in this way if I push hard enough. I also think it's inevitable in a slider--I'm not sure how you could engineer the thing without having gaps or making it cost a great deal more than it does. My HTC sliders were far looser from the minute I pulled them out of the box, not to mention over use. I hated pressing a button on my Touch Pro because it felt like I was crushing something important as I did so.
    +1, I had the Touch Pro for less than 30 days because of build-quality issues. That thing felt like it was made by a third-grader. This feels 10 times more solid. It is possible that the OP has a defective unit, however.
  9. #9  
    Do you guys still exhibit these issues when the battery cover is off? Mine feels solid until I put the battery cover on... I think Palm just needs to recall the flimsy battery door, at least in my case
  10. #10  
    Just confirmed, mine also makes a slight pop as descibed above and the slider is sort of lose.
  11. vapostol's Avatar
    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    #11  
    I think its the sliding mechanism - its not as flush as it is on the right side so probably thats whats causing it
  12. jmeitz's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
       #12  
    took it by the sprint store and they said they would swap it out when they get some more in. to bad i just put my invisible shield on a day prior to noticing it. Might wait a while, 30 day period to exchange it.

Posting Permissions