Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Quote Originally Posted by searchable View Post
    Really, you and who else is the "we're"? Glad to see some group agrees with your statement LOL..
    Oh, so you do understand how that works then.
    Originally posted by Scott R
    The 3.0 update for the iPhone available tomorrow (for even the previous-gen 3G) will offer A2DP (stereo over Bluetooth). Personally, I don't see the appeal with this. The specialized headsets are more expensive, have worse audio quality, and need to be charged. But whatever floats your boat.
    Scott perhaps you're misreading. No-one has stated that the update won't be available tomorrow. I simply stated if it doesn't work. In addition, Bluetooth headsets are like any other headset - Some have great sound quality and some sound like crap.

When I'm at the gym running or working out, not having to plug into my device works for me.

When I'm shopping, keeping the device in my jacket and still being able to pause, stop, fast forward, rewind and p/u a call w/o being connected to wires works for me.

Being a women, it also helps to be able to put my phone in my purse and not have to fumble for it if it rings or leave my purse open so that my phone and who knows what else (I know wallet) can be lifted when someone bumps into me, because I left it open so that I could listen to my media device that was attached by wires.

So, my boat was floating with my Treo, but the Pre I've upgraded to a Jet and I'm at cruising altitude enjoying my tunes wirelessly and with full mobility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug D View Post
    Hey all, I'm a current iphone user who is interested in the pre. My 2 year contract with AT&T is up in December
    December??? Isn't it a bit early to be evaluating the state of the Pre? Both platforms are likely to look different by December. If nothing else, there should be many more Pre apps out.
    Ironically, I cannot stream to my car stereo. The only good reason for stereo bt...
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbaugh View Post
    Well I guess if you knew much about the iphone you dont have to close the browser to text. They actually make an App for that. Nice try though.
    First off, I had an iphone 3g for 11 months, so I know what I'm talking about. Since I don't have it activated anymore (thanks Pre!) I used my friends iphone to verify exactly what I typed. There's "not" an app for that!
    Quote Originally Posted by timGSU View Post
    First off, I had an iphone 3g for 11 months, so I know what I'm talking about. Since I don't have it activated anymore (thanks Pre!) I used my friends iphone to verify exactly what I typed. There's "not" an app for that!
    Well, now we have conflicting opinions.
  7.    #107  
    Infobhan, My corporate Sprint rep offered to give me an additional $100 for coming over from AT&T to sprint, this was on top of the $100 mail in rebate.
    I emailed him for clarification but if that is true it will basically wash the AT&T early termination fee. So I could cancel my account now and pay the term fee and get a pre after. Your right by December the pre (software wise) will probably have many updates and enhancements.

Does anyone know if those display only pre phones located in best buy are the actual size of the pre? If so I was surprised how small the device was.

Thanks. Doug D
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by searchable View Post
    Personally, I never got why people like pandora so much. The couple times I tried it I found it was a neat idea, but in practice the stuff was not to my taste. It's why I have a device to play music I like...
    I also have many different devices that I use to play music that I like, but it is very convenient to have this as an option when I either don't have one of those devices with me, or have listened to all of the music on my Pre or want to hear something I don't have on my Pre. Options are nice ya know
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug D View Post
    Does anyone know if those display only pre phones located in best buy are the actual size of the pre? If so I was surprised how small the device was.
    yes they are that small
  10. joelpalm
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbaugh View Post
    Well I guess if you knew much about the iphone you dont have to close the browser to text. They actually make an App for that. Nice try though.
    I love this guy! Reminds me of the main character from "Thank You For Not Smoking". He must be hell on his parents.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456