Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Closed you can TELL it is a slider...I dont like that... It kid of wiggles back and forth...how is everyone elses?
    It only wiggles to one side too, its weird. I guess they are all like that cause I heard someone with one of the models that had 1.0.2 on it has the same thing.
    Unless they have a newer batch sometime in the next month I am not gonna worry about it. Its annoying but I can live with it as long as it isn't in any danger of becoming any worse.
    Mine has gotten a tiny bit looser since I first got it. It doesn't bother me a whole lot though.
    I think it's an issue whenever you have a slider/moving parts. My Touch Pro had a ton of play between halves but it didn't affect use or get any worse. If it turns out to be a design flaw and gets a lot worse, I have my insurance to deal with that. I learned my lesson with my last Palm device.
  5. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    It's pretty loose. Someone posted a Youtube vid showing their slider gap and it looks similar to mine. I'm not going to worry too much about it though until it starts flapping around. I went for the insurance too.
    I don't seem to have this issue. I always open the slider but never keep it open so it constantly opens and closes but when closed (or opened) it does not wiggle.
    Mine is only loose when closed. When it is open it doesn't move around at all. Unless it gets worse then I am fine with it. I don't think this should be an insurance issue though, so I am going to wait till about 25 days in and make a decision. If it gets worse and I don't like it then I will return it under the 30 day rule. I am not taking a chance on the insurance.
    Last edited by bo4uofm; 06/14/2009 at 12:24 PM.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dpc View Post
    It's pretty loose. Someone posted a Youtube vid showing their slider gap and it looks similar to mine. I'm not going to worry too much about it though until it starts flapping around. I went for the insurance too.
    perhaps this video...

As long as it doesn't snap, I am not really going to worry about I think. The only annoying thing is when it vibrates, its really loud, because of the two halves vibrating against eachother.
    neathings - neatˇthings and apps for webOS
    Quote Originally Posted by bo4uofm View Post
    Mine is only loose when closed. When it is open is doesn't move around at all.
    Same, according to the Hardware test in interactive test I've open/close the slider over 1300 times. This happens with moving parts, but it's nothing serious for now.
    Yea, I am with Bo4. Mine is tight when opened, but when it's closed it's REALLY loose. Lots of play side to side, play when you squeeze the top, and the slider will move up and down a little bit when you shake it. My Pre has no other issues though, and you can't find replacements anyway, so I will deal for now. Come July 1st/End of June I will take a look at the improvements Palm has made, if they are trying to take care of the signal strength problems in the Pre etc. and make a decision then. I love the idea of the phone and I love how the operating system was developed, but if nothing changes between now and June 25/July 1st, I will more than likely be taking mine back and waiting for Palm to get their s$^% together before I get another one.
    I just noticed this last night... but it doesn't seem to be bad, just a bit loose.
    Mine isn't loose at all when closed - a slight wiggle when opened, but nothing that would alarm me or surprise me considering it's a slider.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    mine has a bit of a click when closed, rock solid when open. This is my first smartphone, (my last phone had me psyched cause it sported a 60 sec voice record) and Im crazy about it, not to mention everything else about the phone is perfect! Minus of course the torn piece of matchbook cover shoring up the battery... I'll wait a while and see if it gets worse.
    no idea, i don't notice. heavens.
    its loose when it closed, not when open. It was a little bit worrying at first but it seems normal and really doesnt affect anything.
    Mine is a bit loose but tight when opened. Nothing that bothers me. I exchanged my original which was very tight but would crash for no reason. I rather have a fully functional phone than one that has tight slider.
    Mine seems to have a bit have play that worries me a bit sometimes, but then I see the a fore mentioned youtube video and it makes me feel much better. Also, has anyone noticed that when you attempt to pull the ribbon to take the battery out, it causes the top and the bottom piece to pull away from each other! I really freaked out when I noticed this and took much better care when taking out the battery. Has anyone else noticed this?
    its less than 1mm counterclockwise.

I am not sure its avoidable for any slider phone though. and I doubt exchange will help.

It doesn't bother me though.
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpanwalking View Post
    Mine seems to have a bit have play that worries me a bit sometimes, but then I see the a fore mentioned youtube video and it makes me feel much better. Also, has anyone noticed that when you attempt to pull the ribbon to take the battery out, it causes the top and the bottom piece to pull away from each other! I really freaked out when I noticed this and took much better care when taking out the battery. Has anyone else noticed this?
    i always hold top and bottom of the phone, pull the ribbon downward a bit then pull it out, two top horns of the battery are kinda stuck in corners a bit.
    Mine is a little looser sure its not a problem now but on 6 months will it be?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast