Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Press ##786# on your phone

It is the day your phone was manufactured...Mine is 5/16/2009.

I have heard rumors of Pres made after 6/1 not having as many design/hardware issues....
    Mine is 5/22/09 no problems here.. but i also made sure i drained the batteryto about 10% and charged it for 10+ hours to re-calibrate the phones battery meter (again not the battery, but the phones battery meter), and it's been fine from the start.
    On or after 6/1? cause mine is 6/1/2009 and haven't had issues except for maybe the slider having a little give, but at this point I've probably opened the slider in a hundred different ways and 700+ times.
    5/31/2009. got mine at launch date with 1.02 already on it.

what does life calls mean?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    5/18/09. No real problems except for the occasional reset when the slider closes...
    Quote Originally Posted by Big G View Post
    5/18/09. No real problems except for the occasional reset when the slider closes...

get that looked at. isnt that a small battery issue?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    05-14-09

Only problem I have had is some discoloration but it seemed to work it's self out .

I work in Service for Copiers and know a percentage of anything made will be bad . even during a run check they might catch something and depending on how bad let it go.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    5/24/09. No problems at all, except the battery life sucks.
    6/2/09 - this is the one that replaced the one I had first with the cracked screen - do not know the date on that one.

I picked this one up on 6/8 - I'm surprised they had them in stores only 6 days after manufacture.
    5/27, only problem is two stuck pixels
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by quahtrader View Post
    6/2/09 - this is the one that replaced the one I had first with the cracked screen - do not know the date on that one.

I picked this one up on 6/8 - I'm surprised they had them in stores only 6 days after manufacture.
    Do you notice any design difference from your first one? Such as not being as loose, keys on the keyboard being a little different or your keyboard being springloaded and locking better when closed compared to your first one?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    Do you notice any design difference from your first one? Such as not being as loose, keys on the keyboard being a little different or your keyboard being springloaded and locking better when closed compared to your first one?
    I don't notice anything different, honestly. Then again, I only had the first one less than 2 days. But no, from what I can tell physically they were the same.

However, I secretly hope that the first one I had had a different date and that date is the only one with screen cracking problems - which were fixed by the time 6/2 was produced!
    6/8/09 - Preloaded w/1.02 (bought on 6/13). Has 1 bad pixel and a really sloppy slider which, I'm sure, will only get worse. Plan to play around with it for a while and take it back - hopefully for one assembled with better quality control.
    5/11/09 no problems at all
    After 6/1/09 or 6/1/09 and after?... Mine is 6/1/09 and I have the battery being too small issue.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    5/11/2009

I have the loose battery / reset issue (currently macgyvered with wads of paper) and I believe I had 1.01 preloaded.
    5/18/09. No problems!
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    6/6/2009.

Fgkay: What do you mean by sloppy slider? Is yours loose? Mine is extremely tight (to the point you kind of have to grab both sides and push up for fear that one finger exerting the required pressure could break it.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ImNoPrince View Post
    05-14-09

Only problem I have had is some discoloration but it seemed to work it's self out .

I work in Service for Copiers and know a percentage of anything made will be bad . even during a run check they might catch something and depending on how bad let it go.
    5/15 here and same thing...I feel like over the last week the discoloration has become much less noticeable--it's almost faded away entirely. Battery life has been amazing, too--huge change from day 1
    Loving the Pre...
    Follow me on Twitter
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    5/19. Myriad of small issues, and 1 large one.
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast