1.    #1  
    Mmmmmmmm

New ARM A9
    cool maybe something to invest in!
    That would be so sweet. A pre with a dual core processor.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    I read an article about that yesterday and they said a quad-core could possibly be made in 2010, too. I hope those chips are efficient because it would reek havoc on a battery!
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    I cannot wait!!
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Note to self: start prepping wife today for an upgrade to the Pre 2.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I'm glad that I can upgrade in 1 year on my plan Next year should be great for this stuff.
    Quite a few mobile processors are multi-core actually. Not the way desktops run tasks in parallel but with one core for core processing and another for something like video processing.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Note to self: start prepping wife today for an upgrade to the Pre 2.
    Exactly!!!
    what happens if our pre breaks next year and we have insurance? will they upgrade us to the new one for a lower cost than full price?
    I heard that if you have the Everything Plan or anything plan over $69, you be automatically become a Premiere customer after 3 months. That allows you to upgrade every year. Is that true?
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post
    I heard that if you have the Everything Plan or anything plan over $69, you be automatically become a Premiere customer after 3 months. That allows you to upgrade every year. Is that true?
    yes
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    I was under the impression that the Pre already had dual cores- that was one of the reasons they used the TI chip.
    Quote Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post
    I thought you had to have a plan that was over $100 a month. Anyone have a link on this topic?

Edit: found it http://newsreleases.sprint.com/phoen...oom&ID=1250915

it's 100 for shared minute accounts like me. i wonder if this is before any kind of corporate discount.
    BarrySanders20

If you heard it , that means someone said it, and unless you read on paper and have that paper for proof, it probably is not true. The reps say all kind of things that turn out to be false, ask for everything in writing. Just my experience with these cell phone companies
    I doubt there will be a double-core Pre anytime soon. And if there was, the Palm reps would not talk about it.

You see, there is something called the Osborne Effect:
    Osborne effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I did read that new dual-C procs would support 1080p HD and 20 mp cams!
    Why can't the mobile device manufactures get that most want a touch screen and a front face QWERTY?