Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Is anyone else having this problem? When I open the camera from Launcher the camera is in the middle of the screen and it takes up to 5 minutes before I am actually able to take a picture. It was not like this out of the box. In addition when it does open there is lots of "noise" on the screen that comes and goes. When it does take a picture it is clear and crisp. It is useless however if it takes that long to open.
    Reboot the phone, see if that fixes it.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    How do I do that? Is this what used to be a soft reset?
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'll let you know when I figure how to reboot.
    I have found that taking the battery out for 1 min or so...really fixes alot of wierd bugs like that....
    God is not a Democrat or a Republican, but he is Pro-Life!
    Quote Originally Posted by nyrnd View Post
    How do I do that? Is this what used to be a soft reset?
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'll let you know when I figure how to reboot.
    One of two ways: Hold the power button till prompted to Turn Off and once turned off hold the power button again till it starts to boot, or go to Device Info in the launcher, scroll to the bottom and select Reset Options, then select Reset to shutdown and restart the phone.
    I wouldn't take the "pull the battery" option at this point.

EDIT: Okay, I stand corrected, one of three ways (see post below)

EDIT 2: Forgot the fourth option of holding power button and switching silence switch back and forth 5-6 times
    Last edited by NachoB; 06/14/2009 at 08:08 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Ctrl + Alt + Delete fixes everything!

Well, okay.... Orange button + SYM + R
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I am rebooting right now and will let you know the results.
    The Task notifications are back. Camera still just sits there with the camera icon in the middle of the screen.
    Maybe there is something else I should be doing rather than just pressing on the camera app.
    I would pull the battery. Rebooting has been very unreliable so far.
    Something definitely wrong, mine takes 4 seconds from the moment I press the camera icon.

As a last resort, and if pulling the battery doesn't help, you may want to go back to Reset Options in Device Info and do a Full Erase.

Get a replacement if all this fails to fix your camera problem.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Battery did not help. I am worried about a full reset. Might go to the
    Sprint store and do it there.
    Full Erase is harmless, you'll just have to go though the setup process again, which will only require you to acknowledge the required initial setup BS and then provide your already created login information for your Palm profile (email and password).
    Consider it a great learning process, you definitely won't break anything doing this. Your contacts and calendar will be synced back to the Pre once you configure those again on the Pre.
    Last edited by NachoB; 06/14/2009 at 11:18 AM.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    try holding the power button down and switch the auto mute button up top 3 times. Then let the phone set, it will flash up the shut down etc menu just leave it. it will fade out and do a soft reset.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    nyrnd, you're not alone! This happened to me yesterday.

My camera was perfect out of the box, but yesterday it was taking forever to start the camera app. It took at least 3 minutes before the camera became active.

I did reset my Pre, but I can't recall if it helped right away. Currently, my camera will open like it should (1-2 seconds), so I don't know what was causing the slowness.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey07 View Post
    so I don't know what was causing the slowness.
    There is a memory leak some place, I'm sure it will be fixed soon. Thats why I do a soft reset on my phone every 2-3 days depending on how much i use it.

Doing the soft reset really helps to make my phone act like it should.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I have done all the resets except the hard reset so far. In addition I deleted all the downloaded apps. After deleting the apps, the camera worked though it took about 15 seconds. It then worked a second time! But that's it. Just frozen when I launch it. Wonder if there is a way to just reinstall the camera app?
    Whoa, you guys totally forgot the most fun way to reboot your phone!!

sudo shutdown -r now

or sudo /sbin/shutdown -r now

17. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Just reset it.

I have had to reset my Pre probably once every 3 or 4 days as programs gradually become more and more sluggish, and I'm told to close cards to free up more memory when I only have one card open.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    Just reset it.

I have had to reset my Pre probably once every 3 or 4 days as programs gradually become more and more sluggish, and I'm told to close cards to free up more memory when I only have one card open.
    That's a hell of a lot better than WM phones--needing sometimes 3 to 4 times per DAY!
    I have had the same problem. I assumed it was having trouble loading because it is looking for a file or something that is corrupt or not there. Perhaps a picture or something in the picture app?

I reset and that had no effect. I pulled the battery and that had no effect. I allowed the app to open and opened the picture app. Then closed the picture app and then the camera app and it started loading normally again.

Then it started happening again and I did the same thing and it cleared it again.

I don't know what the issue is but it sucks.
    Palms and more Palms till the 700p ruined it for me. Blackberry and now the Pre. Sprint customer since 1994! They had 1 tower in town.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Every so often it will open but only about 1 out of 15 times. I will go to the Sprint store and see what happens.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast