Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I did a hard reset. It went very smooth by the way. Probably about 15 minutes total. Anyway, it did not fix the problem. I called Sprint and they told me to return it to where I purchased it. I called the store. They don't have any but put me on the list.
    I've had this issue since day one with mine. I took it back and becuase they didn't have any replacements at the time my name was put on a list. I have since found that if it locks up all I have to do is open the slider and the apps works. Strange I know but works every time for me.
    Yeah, there is a memory leak or memory that doesn't get cleaned up after opening and closing lots of apps. It happens most of the time after opening the web browser and browsing through pages.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I have been playing with the camera on the phone this afternoon. I have found that when I open the keyboard slider, the camera will work! Don't know the relationship but when closed the camera app is frozen, when I slide out the keyboard, I am able to see and take a picture. ???????????????
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Sometimes it works for me also by sliding out the keyboard. About 40% of the time I would say. It worries me that over time more will go wrong with it if I don't get it replaced. A sliding keyboard opening an app just isn't right.
    Mine does not have this issue. Does webosdoctor do anything?
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    What is WebOSDoctor?
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    From Palm support: webOS Doctor restores your phone's functionality and updates it to the latest versions of the operating system and other system software.

Link: Palm Support : webOS Doctor for Palm Pre for Sprint
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Here is a possibility. I have done 2 hard resets and found that after that the camera sometimes worked. Then I did a little more investigating and found that many times if I opened the camera app with the keyboard closed and then opened the keyboard the camera would work! So I did more investigating by putting some pressure on the back cover from place to place with my fingers. I have found that just under the speaker by putting slight pressure on the area, the camera always works! I took off the back cover and just saw the gold plating around the speaker and suppose there is something loose between that and the camera on the other corner. So by either applying some pressure on the speaker (be careful please) or opening the keyboard with my fingers on both sides, the camera always works.
    This is a good workaround until my replacement phone comes in. I am not planning to keep the phone and do this workaround forever.
    Good luck to anyone else with this problem.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12