1.    #1  
    The cards are a wonderful creation. However, I would like to see the name of the app above the card (right now there is more room below, but I think above would be preferable so as not to get in the way when flipping them).

Right now when one has many cards open, some are easily recognized (moss colored phone app) and others not. They tend to get lost in the shuffle so to speak. The name above would strengthen each cards identity, and the card metaphor, making it easier to distinguish and choose between them.

Apple's iPhone (I have the Touch) sort of uses the card metaphor in Safari. It reduces multiple web pages to cards and places the name above them. Programmer I am not, but I think the Pre's card metaphor was expanded upon from that (webkit).

Anyone agree with me? Developers would this be an easy do?
    if you go advanced gestures you can leave them fully open. This gives you the name up at the drop down.

then a swipe from edge to edge will go from card to card it works great when I going from E-mail to Mess to Tweed they all look alike if they are the small cards.
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    I can see good merit in this. Imagine you have 3 Web Cards open and a bunch of other stuff but you want to get to a specific site. It would be nice if it said like the Title of the site up on top when in card view along with the title of each app for the other ones. Its not a deal breaker but its a nice feature that is probably easily implementable. The name from the drop down is just the app name. For Web it doesn't do that so if you have 5 similar web sites open no way to distinguish them easily without trying to figure out whats on the small cards.

For the record, I am loving my Pre. A few little kinks here and there but for the most part its a great device and I am glad I got it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smubeht View Post
    I can see good merit in this. Imagine you have 3 Web Cards open and a bunch of other stuff but you want to get to a specific site. It would be nice if it said like the Title of the site up on top when in card view along with the title of each app for the other ones. Its not a deal breaker but its a nice feature that is probably easily implementable. The name from the drop down is just the app name. For Web it doesn't do that so if you have 5 similar web sites open no way to distinguish them easily without trying to figure out whats on the small cards.

For the record, I am loving my Pre. A few little kinks here and there but for the most part its a great device and I am glad I got it.
    Yea that's why when I have multi web cards open ( Great feature by the way) I just keep them full screen and Gesture through them
  5.    #5  
    I had not played with advanced gestures but for a moment. I think at the time I was sliding my finger practically the width of the phone (over the button too) and decided it was too much. I now see a much shorter swipe, as long as it begins and ends at he gesture indicator lights, does the trick. I see I can do it at the top of the area too without running over the button.

Smubeht I'm also finding over my morning coffee that if one opens a web page (while in portrait) then does a quick swipe down (scroll up) a title bar appears which will then remain when switching pages.

It might be nice if it defaulted to that but for now it helps.
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ImNoPrince View Post
    Yea that's why when I have multi web cards open ( Great feature by the way) I just keep them full screen and Gesture through them
    This is what I do now, but not always are my web cards next to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    I had not played with advanced gestures but for a moment. I think at the time I was sliding my finger practically the width of the phone (over the button too) and decided it was too much. I now see a much shorter swipe, as long as it begins and ends at he gesture indicator lights, does the trick. I see I can do it at the top of the area too without running over the button.

Smubeht I'm also finding over my morning coffee that if one opens a web page (while in portrait) then does a quick swipe down (scroll up) a title bar appears which will then remain when switching pages.

It might be nice if it defaulted to that but for now it helps.
    Well that requires you being on the specific card maximized to see what site it is. I think if I have the screen maximized I will know which site it is. Problem is when theres a bunch of similar looking sites when they are in smaller card views that its hard to distinguish easily between them. This isn't a OMG I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT feature, just a "hrmm that would be nice" one.

I am fine the way it is, just think any subtle improvements that can be made should be. No reason for us to be 100% content IMO. If we have simple improvements that Palm may add in why not list them =)
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Smubeht View Post

Well that requires you being on the specific card maximized to see what site it is.
    The title bar stays when I minimize my cards. I have two web pages minimized now and it is there. Trying to open a third but now getting the dismiss cards message with nothing but two web pages open, no other open apps, not even the phone.
  8. GFS
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    this would be a cool feature, great idea.
    I agree-- I have run across many situations where a card title would come in handy. Mostly with browser cards.
    Well, maybe I'm missing something, but for the cards I keep open most I get plenty of information to distinguish them. For example, right now:

1. Email app: title bar shows "All Inboxes." That's enough to tell me it's email.
    2. Messenger: title bar shows the person. That and the visual is enough for me.
    3. Evernote: title bar shows "RECENT NOTES." That and the thumbnails is enough for me.
    4. Tweed: each card's title bar gives the name next to the Tweed icon. That's enough.
    5. Calendar: title bar shows today's date. That and the visual is enough.
    6. Accuweather: that's clear enough on its own.

So, for me, I get plenty of info to tell me which card is which. I wouldn't complain if a title was added to the card, as long as it doesn't obstruct anything else or make navigation more difficult, but I really don't need it myself.

One exception is definitely the Web. Web cards don't have the title bar, which is a definitely an unfortunate omission.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic