1.    #1  
    For two nights in a row, getting the message

"Can't Open New Cards - Dismiss unused cards to free memory"

Well, there are NO cards open, and not a way to tell how free the memory is.

I have 8 gigs, of which 0.8 is used. So with 7 free Gigs, what's the deal?

Do I need to reset my phone?
    Is this still buggy?
    Why can't I launch any app? there are no others that are open.

VERY frustrating.

plus, the video "sprint TV" and "abc news live" worked well in downtown SF, but I can only get it to run intermittently at my home on potrero hill. the network indicator reverts to "1x" from "Ev" whenever I try video.

WiFi sometimes works - but othertimes I get the "error" message above.

What shall I do with my new PRE ?????
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    Did you try restarting the phone?
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treolover68 View Post
    For two nights in a row, getting the message

"Can't Open New Cards - Dismiss unused cards to free memory"

Well, there are NO cards open, and not a way to tell how free the memory is.

I have 8 gigs, of which 0.8 is used. So with 7 free Gigs, what's the deal?

Do I need to reset my phone?
    Is this still buggy?
    Why can't I launch any app? there are no others that are open.

VERY frustrating.

plus, the video "sprint TV" and "abc news live" worked well in downtown SF, but I can only get it to run intermittently at my home on potrero hill. the network indicator reverts to "1x" from "Ev" whenever I try video.

WiFi sometimes works - but othertimes I get the "error" message above.

What shall I do with my new PRE ?????
    I would definitely reset your PRE (orange key, symbol key, r)...it that doesn't clear things up run the tests. (Quick and Interactive) The tests are located under device information. Let us know how things turn out!
    That happened to me last night. I had one card open (I think it was the music player) and I tried to open another card and it would give me that message. I restarted the phone and everything was back to normal.
    It happened to me tonight as well. 1 card open , couldn't open a second one without closing the first card. Had the low memory message too. Is there a bug? what's going on?
    A bunch of the apps seem to have memory leaks in their current form. For now, all you can do is restart the Pre to fix that.
    Some apps leak memory (The 8GB is storage memory not device RAM). I expect they will fix this in future OS updates. When will they be released? Nobody knows.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    This happened to me... All I did to fix it was hold down the power button and power cycle the phone.
    i live in hayes valley and have no issues with wi fi or sprint tv.