Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    It seems that most people that had problems with their Pre's had them when they first got them. Then as time went on, the problems were solved or whatever.

My luck with my Pre is backwards.

See, my Pre was perfect out of the box (got it on 6/6). I had none of the weird problems others were having (no hotmail problems <I don't have hotmail>, no heat, no random taps on screen). And now? Now I have problems. Such as:

-Random screen taps that I'm not doing. It's like a ghost is tapping on the screen.
    -I hung up on someone when I slid the phone closed in the middle of a call. This had never happened before. I had to reset the whole phone with the power button cause none of the keys were responsive.
    -After I am done with a call and bring the phone away from my ear, the screen turns on, but then it turns off for a bit (2 seconds) before coming back on.
    -The screen responded to my face touching it when I was leaving someone a voicemail. Their voicemail told me "Invalid selection" and my voicemail was interrupted.
    -Sometimes there is a tiny amount of distortion at the bottom left of the screen.

I feel like I'm going downhill here. Not to mention the mic problem I'm having (Link to thread: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...m-mic-pre.html).

So I'm just not sure about keeping this phone. I love having the web, I love having my email, and I like the threaded texts (and other stuff). But these problems are just annoying. Mainly the mic thing (see link above). I mean, I never had any problems with the dumb phones I had. I'm thinking about just getting a Rumor or something until the Pre is more up to date. I'm so confused on what to do!

What could be happening? And anyone with ANY ideas for my mic problem, please help.

Thanks for reading!
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    exchange it
    Got mine at launch and works fine
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    All of the problems have only happened one time, except for the screen turning off after I'm done with a call and move the phone away from my ear.

Oh, today I experienced my first signal loss. I was in my parents' house, which has a great Sprint signal (always has), and I was in airplane mode. This happened when I lost that call (when I closed the keyboard). Maybe that was what caused it. Anyways, I turned airplane mode off, and 3 seconds later I had 3 bars. WTF?

I'm dreading returning it and going through all the hassle of setting up a new phone.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
    Quote Originally Posted by NINnerd View Post
    All of the problems have only happened one time, except for the screen turning off after I'm done with a call and move the phone away from my ear.

Oh, today I experienced my first signal loss. I was in my parents' house, which has a great Sprint signal (always has), and I was in airplane mode. This happened when I lost that call (when I closed the keyboard). Maybe that was what caused it. Anyways, I turned airplane mode off, and 3 seconds later I had 3 bars. WTF?

I'm dreading returning it and going through all the hassle of setting up a new phone.
    Don't worry, if it's defective, it'll make some recurring screwups. Just take good notes and watch for things you can duplicate. It's looking like Palm QA didn't do a good job, but I wouldn't assume their is a defect in the design and therefore no Pre's are any good. Switch it out when you can.