1.    #1  
    I remember reading that the Pre pulls all your Facebook friends and AIM buddies in and creates contacts for each, with no option otherwise. Is this true? I would rather not have people I barely know (Facebook friends) in my phone as a contact.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by postlapsaria View Post
    I remember reading that the Pre pulls all your Facebook friends and AIM buddies in and creates contacts for each, with no option otherwise. Is this true? I would rather not have people I barely know (Facebook friends) in my phone as a contact.
    You can pull the contacts if you want. You're not required to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by mh262 View Post
    You can pull the contacts if you want. You're not required to do so.
    Please explain... I was wondering the same thing at the original poster. If I try to delete a facebook contact from my contacts list it tells me "Facebook profiles cannot be deleted".
    Motorola Q (Original) -> Palm Centro -> Palm 755p -> Palm 800w -> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    I think he means you don't have to import facebook into your phone, if you don't want to. I still think there needs to be a way to hide or suppress them.

Personally, I find it amusing that I have the phone numbers or random people I haven't talked to since High School.
    Quote Originally Posted by nKoan View Post
    I think he means you don't have to import facebook into your phone, if you don't want to. I still think there needs to be a way to hide or suppress them.

Personally, I find it amusing that I have the phone numbers or random people I haven't talked to since High School.
    phone numbers... email addresses... birthdates... LMAO! But yeah. At least give us the option to not import contacts we don't want or at least the ability to delete them. That's just idiocy.
    Motorola Q (Original) -> Palm Centro -> Palm 755p -> Palm 800w -> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Yea, it is kind of odd having over 1600 contacts from face book alone in my phone...would be nice if I could choose specific networks.

I like how the pics show up though
    It's an all or nothing approach - you either get all your contacts from facebook or you choose not to get (synch) any. Sadly, you can't cherry pick them.
    For someone who has not synced their phone with FB....what exactly are the benefits/reasons for syncing besides the automatic FB picture update for your contact pic?
    You don't have to sync your Facebook contacts.

If you only want a small number of them to be in your contacts list, enter them manually. It probably wouldn't be any more labor-intensive than deleting the ones you don't want.

If you do sync them all, they won't ALL show up in your phone app's contacts list - only the ones with phone numbers.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
    For someone who has not synced their phone with FB....what exactly are the benefits/reasons for syncing besides the automatic FB picture update for your contact pic?
    I think it grabs their Phone # and E-mail address from FB and syncs into your Contact List. I synced and promptly removed since I did not want 600 people on my contact list when likely 400 are acquaintances at best.

They need to add some sort of filtering system. Likely on FB end since that seems to best the best place for it.
    So basically, there's no real benefit to syncing besides the pics, lol.
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    Well the e-mail merging is nice, and sometimes there may be some contacts in facebook you would want to add to your phone list, but are too lazy to manually add by typing it in.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I hardly ever go into contact and just scroll around so even though I have my Facebook, AIM, and Gmail contacts in there. It doesnt bother me because Universal search and typedown filtering makes this not a problem.

Want to call someone, go into card mode and just type. Within a few keystrokes you will find the person you are looking for.
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
    So basically, there's no real benefit to syncing besides the pics, lol.
    Well, mostly. Another nice thing is, if they get a new phone or e-mail address, and update it through Facebook, it automatically updates your phone with the new info, so you don't have to go edit it.
  15.    #15  
    Thanks for all the replies, I am glad to hear that they do not HAVE to be imported...that was actually holding me back from getting the phone.

Now once they sort the battery life out, I'm in.