1.    #1  
    I have tried what the manual suggest but it wont delete the bookmark! Has anyone ran onto this if so how was it solved?
    I haven't had any problems with this. When a web page is open, pull up menu,bookmarks, then swipe it away.
    no problems here. Open browser > Menu > Bookmarks > Swipe > hit delete

Advice - turn your phone off for an hour or two. I was having issues attaching pictures to contacts but since I was playing with the phone too much it ended up dying on me and I had no charger. I got home two hours later and charged it..when it powered on I tried attaching the pictures again and it worked!

My Pre has been working perfectly since then.
    I have been wondering how to do this, and it worked fine for me when I tried it. Maybe try to make sure your software is up to date? When you are in the browser, click Web in the top left, and then bookmarks, and it will list the bookmarks in a list, and then swipe right to delete them.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    strange, I had the opposite problem. all of my bookmarks randomly deleted themselves!
    neathings - neatˇthings and apps for webOS
  6.    #6  
    Tried the software update but i get "UNABLE TO CONNECT. TRY AGAIN LATER". What now?
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I can't delete a bookmark on my PRE either! I touch and hold a book mark, and then I can move it up and down on the list, but I can't move it sideways or delete!
    No problems on my side.

What OS version are you running?
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Okay so when you are in the browser click on the dropdown menu on the top left of the screen. Then you tap on bookmarks and a list of your bookmarks appears. Once you have that open you slide the one you want to delete to the right or left then you simply tap delete and you're done.

Hope this helps!
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    I think there may be some confusion as to which bookmarks people are talking about. There are two types that I know of.

One - the actuall internet bookmarks that appear after you select the web app from your launcher, delete these by selecting the web tab up in the top left corner then bookmarks and then touch and very quikly swipe to the right of screen. tit will leave behind a delete and cancel choice.

Two - the web launcher bookmarks that are actually in your launcher. They actually sit in you launcher like any app would and once you select it, it opens the web browser to that page. To delete these press and hold the orange button on your qwerty key pad and select the web bookmark in your launcher (this also applys to any apps as well) and ot will then ask if yoy want to delete it.

The first one may take a few swipes to get used to and it may not seem like it works when you do it wrong but trust me it works.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by caj27 View Post
    I can't delete a bookmark on my PRE either! I touch and hold a book mark, and then I can move it up and down on the list, but I can't move it sideways or delete!
    Open the web browser. Hit the top left corner of the screen and 'Open Bookmarks'. From that list, grab a bookmark and slide it right off the creen to the right. Hit 'Delete'. Don't click and HOLD the bookmark, that will let you slide up or down... Just click swipe release.
  12. kjb
    Works fine on mine . . .
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Sorry for bumpin an old thread but I can't get it to delete the bookmarks. I tried evrythng n searched the forum as well. This is new because on 1.0.4 I could.
    Anyone else have the same issue? Or a possible fix?
    Zaki,

I can't delete bookmarks either. Bookmarks can be re-ordered by dragging them up or down but no amount of moving of flicking will move a bookmark sideways. I understand your frustration. Let's hope that the next update fixes this.

Paul
    Go back and read the thread, Paul.

You need to go to the drop down menu and select "Bookmarks". Then you will get a view that is laid out like your email. Then you can drag/flick the entries drag off the screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by pokada View Post
    Zaki,

I can't delete bookmarks either. Bookmarks can be re-ordered by dragging them up or down but no amount of moving of flicking will move a bookmark sideways. I understand your frustration. Let's hope that the next update fixes this.

Paul
    sorry to revive an old thread, but ive just been having the same problem

solution:
    to reorder bookmarks:
    Press and hold then up or down

to delete bookmarks:
    just swipe, do not press and hold

hope this helps anyone else having problems!
    doing all the suggested / instructions. There is a bug
    alternative threads with this title :
    - No Bookmarks or History on Web App
    - First serious problem - lost bookmarks
    but no fix so far, apart from luck or webos update
    Are you swiping to the left or the right. Swiping from center of bookmark to the right tried to bring up the buttons but returns to the bookmark immediately. Swiping from center of bookmark to the left should bring up a red delete button and a cancel button.

I wonder if it isn't a problem with the touch screen. I have to go over the edge of the phone to the side to get it to work in slo-mo.
    Last edited by Knucklehead; 05/20/2010 at 07:59 PM.
    First I open the web browser, then tap the "web" tab at the top left corner, then tap "Bookmarks", then find the bookmark that I want to delete, swipe to the left or right and then a red "delete" button appears and then I tap the "delete" button to remove the bookmark. Works every time for me, and also, I have never had a book mark randomly delete itself.