Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    Well, I returned my Pre from Best Buy today (had the problem where the device would turn off everytime I opened/closed the slider) and went to a Spring store nearby to pick up a new unit. The new unit seems flawless, no discoloration, no creaking. However, I noticed that the new unit came with version 1.0.2 already preloaded and on top of that, PocketMirror came already installed. Also, when I run the Updates program, an update for Classic comes up. I had tried Classic and PocketMirror on my first Pre but uninstalled it shortly after. Could these apps be on this new device due to a backup that ran from my old device? If so, it's pretty cool that the OS update also sync through, but why would the uninstalled apps do as well?

Thanks in advance...
    sounds like you palm profile hard at work!
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Some phones come with 1.0.2 and it might have backed up to your palm profile before u deleted and not again before you returned it....
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    The back up probably occurred before the apps were removed. I bet this is related to the back up, and not a refurb unit.
    Yup, it was just re-installing the most recent backup it had made of your other phone, which had probably been done before you uninstalled them. It's a really cool feature.

And in regards to the 1.0.2, it appears that most new phones are coming with the newer version now. I'm sure the phone you got was new.
    Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    Good to hear! I figured there hasn't been enough time for them to have refurbished units. The weird thing is, that the Classic and PocketMirror apps were restored to this unit (I had them both uninstalled on the same day I downloaded them) and the Pandora and Fandango which I had since I got my first Pre wasn't loaded. Weird!
    I heard somewhere on here or TreoCentral that Palm/Sprint are not refurbing ANY of the Pre's. I found it hard to believe, but it was something about how it was put together, and being too easy to break something during disassembly/reassembly. Of course that's just what I read though, so don't take it for gospel.

(Am I the only one that cannot type at ALL early in the morning?)