1.    #1  
    I hope I am posting this in the right place, please move if necessary or let me know so I can delete and repost.

My Treo 800w has been dying for some time now (in addition to pesky problems such as not getting calls or voicemails which may have been Sprint or the Treo, but not sure) and since I knew the Pre's price was WAAAAY out of my reach, I decided to shut off my Sprint line in August when I will be able to get some extra cash and get the bare bones plan, settling for the iPhone and AT&T in the meantime. I had tried out the iPhone in March under the same pretense, but returned it because the non-hardware qwerty was really a nuisance. In getting the iPhone again, I decided I could live with it and figured I would just be out the $150 for contract cancellation from Sprint in August. Still cheaper than the Pre!

Now, here's the crazy part. I apparently have won a Pre from a reputable company and once I get my information back to them and it is verified, I should have a Pre in my pretty little hand for virtually nothing. The problem is, since I returned the iPhone in March and received no fee for canceling my contract with them, do I have a hope of the same thing now? I can't imagine they would accept this excuse as valid since it has nothing to do with the phone itself (which I admit is nice aside from the software qwerty). I don't wish to deceive anyone and will pay the fees if I have to (though I will grumble to myself about it). Also, I bought the iPhone from the place I "won" the Pre. Will THEY accept the excuse for a return as well?

Any ideas/suggestions? Should I just call AT&T and the place I bought the phone from? I am really strapped for cash right now and am hoping that I can get through the return without having to shell out more money. I just want the Pre! !!!

Thanks!
    Give it a shot and call them, don't think there's much chance they'll let you out of the contract though.

If you do cancel AT&T at this point it'll probably cost you the same as the Pre.
    If you can swing the cash then switched, I switched from iPhone to Pre and LOVE it.

If you can't swing it then get the Pre and sell it on Craigslist or Ebay and make a little money.
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by showson1 View Post
    Give it a shot and call them, don't think there's much chance they'll let you out of the contract though.

If you do cancel AT&T at this point it'll probably cost you the same as the Pre.
    If you can swing the cash then switched, I switched from iPhone to Pre and LOVE it.

If you can't swing it then get the Pre and sell it on Craigslist or Ebay and make a little money.
    Can't sell it. Comes with free service!! That's why it will be cheaper to shell out for canceling contract with AT&T.

Decided that I am pretty much being a drama queen because I am now pretty broke. I would imagine that going with the Pre is the best deal in this case, no matter what I have to shell out when the bill comes. Thanks for responding!