1.    #1  
    Just for kicks i checked my bill online, to my surprise I see the 4.99 airave charge on there but all other fees related taken care of what gives ...

Just called acct. services and they are so much better than customer service! The rep ask me how I was enjoying the unit and that he sees in the notes the monthly charge is waived so he went ahead and waived it again and coded it in the system so it won't reappear as a charge ...

Anyone in the same boat should check there statement and see if you see the 4.99/device fee thats the monthly airave charge ...

Without the unit my Pre would be useless in my apartment, yes EVDO disappears but with 5 full bars and it connected to my wireless network who cares ... also i have to add my battery lasts all day now which is great, the in and out of service really does a number on it!

Lastly one gripe so far in 24hrs using the thing, going from airave to tower is fine, going from tower to airave (walking back into my place) I dropped a call before ... now it could be my dog moved the gps senser i have set up, or it could be sensitive to going in and out of coverage, either way no gripes and now my bill is normal again!
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

Yep, I saw that even before I recieved the Airave! I still have to call CS and complain about it. What is the number for account services? I stil get dropped calls on mine sometimes but it is probably because I have so many frequencies in my house that they all mess with each other.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  3.    #3  
    Had that happen today as I was coming in to my place from outside, seems as if on the airave faq that you will continue calls on sprint network even though your within airave coverage.

Took my phone a drop call to reconnect to the airave .... thats the only hiccup in the system since i have poor tower service in my apt....

Vice versa works tho (going from airave to the outside) ...

Duno the exact number act. services but just ask to be transfered usually works for me...

PS-100th Post here...
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

How do you reach account services instead of customer service? Isn't that a bit of semantics?

I'm on the phone with Sprint, and they indeed just offered me the Airave, to arrive on Tuesday, initial fee of $116 to be credited on the same bill and monthly fee of $4.99 also waived for two years.
    Well... I just got off the phone with them and they said it gets charged but then they add a 4.99 credit to balance the airave charge. I will have to wait for my next bill to see.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    I just got the Airave for free, but she said that I'll have to pay the $4.99 charge. So after I get my bill, I'm going to call and talk about how she was saying that soon they won't be assessing the $4.99 charge and that I find it ridiculous that I have to pay $4.99 to use my own equipment...etc. So I'll postpone my b!tching session for one month. Haha.