Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Honestly, I love my Pre but IMHO it is just way too small and too slippery.

I'm having trouble holding it.

And if you move it around in your hands, you always end up changing or switching something or even launching.

This is my first touchscreen item (I don't count the Treo 650, which does have a touch screen), and I'm find it a little too sensitive.

I wish it the screen was larger and about the same size of the iPhone (boy, did I hate having to use that word).

I'm not going to return this, but I was really interested in HTC's Touchpro 2.

I bet you thought I was going to say iPhone, oh there I go again using that word.

Hopefully, the apps will be created to overcome the shortcomings that I am having with it.

I wish there was Konoma, I want my streaming radio back and Sprints stuff doesn't get me the channel I want.

Hey guys, be careful. I made the mistake when looking around in Sprint TV and subscribed to a premium radio channel, not realizing that it was an extra charge.

They do not display the cost of the items and they don't really say it's going to cost extra.

That's what I found on the Pre's side of it. If you go to Sprint's website the pricing is there.

The Pre just says: 'do you wish to subscribe' how am I supposed to know that mean more money. I subscribe to this Pre message thread and I'm not paying anything for it.

So to say that I should have know because it is assumed when they use the work 'subscribe' that it's an extra charge is bunk.

Sprint show the prices!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Once I got an invisible shield I have less problems with grip. But what ever happened to lanyard straps. I used to have a wrist one because the wife is notorious for dropping phones.
    Takes some getting used to, but I LOVE the size and shape. I find myself switching hands. I like the left for everything except the "back" gesture. I can type better one-handed with the right.

It will take some time, but this is the best form-factor in a PDA or phone (with a screen) that I've ever seen.
    Not too small, and not too slippery.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    What gets me is the keyboard space is the same size as my treo 755, why didn't they make this thing just 1/4 inch bigger and make the keys the same size?? My hands aren't small and they should have figured it was going to be used by alot of men. But I DO love the design of the phone!

What we do in life echoes in eternity.....

"Four things come not back:
    the spoken word,
    the sped arrow,
    the past life,
    the neglected opportunity."
    It is a small form factor, but I think that's a good thing. This is the first smartphone I've ever owned where I could do almost everything with one hand, including opening/closing the keyboard, typing, opening and switching between apps, gestures, etc. You can tell that the idea of one-handed operation was given a LOT of thought in the development of this phone. The small form factor was necessary for that.

I will agree that's a very smooth phone as well, but it's not too bad and makes the phone look very nice aesthetically. I've also heard that the matte back cover helps with that quite a bit, so that might be worth looking into if you don't already have a touchstone.
    Personalyl wish it was a tad longer. It has slipped out of my shorts pocket twice already . But still not a huge issue.
    The matte back cover for thew Touchstone adds a little grip, but I think the best bet is the skins.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Hey Robert... I'm from Astoria too.. born and raised.

Anway.... I wish the pre's screen was just a bit bigger.. at least the size of the Storm... But we'll see by the end of the year if there will be any other devices that will use webOS and have bigger screens. See ya!!
  10. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I know, I've actually swallowed mine!
    Global Posts
    408 Global Posts
    I like the size, but I guess with the iphone and storm around it makes it seems like this phone is so small, but I have no problems reading or clicking on things.
    I use mine one handed and it feels great. I can open the slider easily with one hand and navigate pretty easily. I did have some trouble in the beginning but now it feels great. Maybe you should buy the matte back cover..that would help immensely.

I have the plastic back cover.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Honestly, I love my Pre but IMHO it is just way too small and too slippery.

I'm having trouble holding it.

And if you move it around in your hands, you always end up changing or switching something or even launching.

This is my first touchscreen item (I don't count the Treo 650, which does have a touch screen), and I'm find it a little too sensitive.

I wish it the screen was larger and about the same size of the iPhone (boy, did I hate having to use that word).

I'm not going to return this, but I was really interested in HTC's Touchpro 2.

I bet you thought I was going to say iPhone, oh there I go again using that word.

Hopefully, the apps will be created to overcome the shortcomings that I am having with it.

I wish there was Konoma, I want my streaming radio back and Sprints stuff doesn't get me the channel I want.

Hey guys, be careful. I made the mistake when looking around in Sprint TV and subscribed to a premium radio channel, not realizing that it was an extra charge.

They do not display the cost of the items and they don't really say it's going to cost extra.

That's what I found on the Pre's side of it. If you go to Sprint's website the pricing is there.

The Pre just says: 'do you wish to subscribe' how am I supposed to know that mean more money. I subscribe to this Pre message thread and I'm not paying anything for it.

So to say that I should have know because it is assumed when they use the work 'subscribe' that it's an extra charge is bunk.

Sprint show the prices!

Rob
    Because the screen is so small, I decided not to pursue any further, the idea of switching to Sprint for a Pre. I don't don't care if it could make milkshakes and wash my car, if it's too small for me to see the screen (the fonts are too small), so it has no value for me as a phone. A 3.8" screen would have been awesome!
  14.    #14  
    Hi from Astoria again.

I found someone's iPhone yesterday in the park. Yes, I returned it already to it's proper owner.

Funny thing though, the iPhone even though it was larger did feel better in my hands.

I'll get used to the smaller size.

But because of that smaller size the screen is that much smaller. I wish it was the same screen size of the iPhone, which is better suited for widescreen video.

If you compare them you will see what I am talking about.

And no, even though at times I want the iPhone, I won't give up on the Pre or Palm.

Just hoping I don't have to wait too long for the applications that I need.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Personalyl wish it was a tad longer. It has slipped out of my shorts pocket twice already . But still not a huge issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    I know, I've actually swallowed mine!

Quote Originally Posted by LACienega View Post
    I use mine one handed and it feels great. I can open the slider easily with one hand and navigate pretty easily. I did have some trouble in the beginning but now it feels great.

Uh, are we still talking about a phone?
    The SPAM bots are watching Rob and they really like your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    You're surprised? He's an AOL user! Well, Rob's review value went down several hundred points in my book.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Yeah, you should really change that..

What we do in life echoes in eternity.....

"Four things come not back:
    the spoken word,
    the sped arrow,
    the past life,
    the neglected opportunity."
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    As others have said, get the Touchstone back plate. It can be ordered separately from the Touchstone charger. It really makes it feel much more substantial. Also, I'm wondering if the Touchstone back plate combined with one of the clear plastic screen protectors would make it feel even better.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    And if it was any bigger, you'd have threads started by people who thought it was too big.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast