Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I dont know about the rest of you but the Pre feels pretty good to talk on with the keyboard open.

I know it has a pretty sharp edge and what not , but the curved shape and size feels good to hold up to your face open.

Anyone else?
    Is there any other way ;-)

What we do in life echoes in eternity.....

"Four things come not back:
    the spoken word,
    the sped arrow,
    the past life,
    the neglected opportunity."
    I do like it open, I just wish there were a way to answer the phone by sliding it open and ending it by sliding it shut. As it is, I don't generally think to slide it open when I answer a phone call because there's no point in doing so really, but if sliding it open actually answered the call, I'd do that all the time.

Perhaps it'll be an option in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dookie View Post
    I do like it open, I just wish there were a way to answer the phone by sliding it open and ending it by sliding it shut. As it is, I don't generally think to slide it open when I answer a phone call because there's no point in doing so really, but if sliding it open actually answered the call, I'd do that all the time.

I agree about the open / close controls...that would be neat. Currently, I find myself making calls with the phone open (due to Universal Search), but taking calls with it closed (due to the fact that the answer button is onscreen and doesn't require opening the phone).
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I agree about the open / close controls...that would be neat. Currently, I find myself making calls with the phone open (due to Universal Search), but taking calls with it closed (due to the fact that the answer button is onscreen and doesn't require opening the phone).
    Exactly. It's almost always open when I make a call, due to either dialing the number on the keyboard, using the quick-contact keys, or universal search. But when I answer calls, it's always closed. I need a reason to open it up when I answer!
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    I've actually found that having the keyboard open helps cut the wind from the mic
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    personally i wouldnt mind, but would preffer it be a setting option, i did the slider for years with samsung a800 and always wished i could slide the phone closed while on a call without hanging up.....i'll be honest with ya though, i cant remember why......
    i don't talk much (I'm 16 so a huge texter) but the fews times I have it just feels better to talk with it open.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Really, this is surprising to me. I do not, i like it closed!
    yep, I removed the phone icon from the wave launcher because I hardly use it. I always just start typing the name of the contact and press call when found. So yes I do use the phone with the slide open for the most part.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Do you guys have the "show contact matches" turned on under your phone preferences? I was hoping that this would function like my touch pro where I could use T9 in the dial pad and it would bring up the name of the person. I really miss this function
    Quote Originally Posted by LACienega View Post
    yep, I removed the phone icon from the wave launcher because I hardly use it. I always just start typing the name of the contact and press call when found. So yes I do use the phone with the slide open for the most part.
    I removed the phone icon as well. I have the web, messaging, email, calendar and launcher.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    I've already developed a "routine" where I slide it up automatically. My biggest reason is because I've found it disables the key guard, so you may as well.
    I wish I could talk in landscape mode.
    You can always do it N-Gage style:

Sidetalkin'!!!
    I prefer with the slider closed. I have become pretty used to the open and closing of the slider...Maybe I close and open so frequently to ensure build quality prior to the end of the "Trial" period.
    I've noticed I'm actually pretty anal about talking on the phone with it closed. Even if I just dialed the number with the keyboard open, I'll immediately slide it closed while it's connecting.
    Well someone has to say it. Too bad the mic is on the top, screen portion of the phone. If on the bottom, opening the slider would actually improve call voice quality by bringing it closer to your mouth.
    Last edited by galavanter; 06/14/2009 at 04:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    Well someone has to say it. Too bad the mic is on the top screen portion of the phone. If on the bottom opening the slider would actually improve call quality.
    I think everyone realizes this. It isn't an issue of actually improving the call or mic quality, it's an issue of how it feels against your head. Having it open just "feels" good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dookie View Post

I cant tell you how many times already I have closed the slider thinking it would hang up the call, to be told later that people heard me talking after i said goodbye to them. Very un-intuitive...should definitely be an option.

What we do in life echoes in eternity.....

"Four things come not back:
    the spoken word,
    the sped arrow,
    the past life,
    the neglected opportunity."
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast