Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    There is no EVDO coverage in my town. Almost 90% of my incoming calls go straight to voicemail. Web services appear to take a priority over the number one feature of the phone: the phone!

How can I switch this so that incoming calls can break through the data services? I've searched all over the manual and can't find a thing. There's got to be a way to turn this thing back into a cellphone, otherwise it has to go back. Had a similar problem with my Treo 755p but not to this extent.

Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I've been wondering about this very issue myself. I've spent the last 24 hrs in an area that only has 1X data and have had several calls go straight to VM. I don't normally spend much time in 1X areas, so I'm not familiar with what has happened with other devices (755p, etc.) in the past.

Can anyone shed light on what is supposed to happen to phone calls when you're in a 1X data area?

Thanks!

rotello
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    I read this thread a couple days ago and then today I saw my voicemail indicator light up and the phone never rang. My wife called from work and I missed the call and she left voicemail. She called me again on her way home, again straight to voicemail. She called on our magicjack line in the house and I asked her to call me on the Pre again.

This time I logged out of the IM client.

The next call came through.

hmpf.
    I just experienced this myself. I got a notification that I had a voicemail but the phone never rang. Then I received a text message from the caller saying that they were going straight to my voicemail. Its interesting that the text made it through but the call did not.
    Accessories that I'm using with my Pre
    -Palm Leather Slip Case for Pre
    -Plantronics Discovery 925 Bluetooth Headset
    -Touchstone Charging Kit
    -2nd Touchstone Dock (for office)
    -2 International Travel Chargers
    -2nd Palm Battery
    -Palm Spare Battery Charger
    I had this problem and it took Sprint almost 10 hours over 2 days on the phone with me to get it set up correctly. It seems the problem is that the Pre was never intended to run on 1X. She said that I really should have never been able to activate it in the first place since there is no EVDO in my town. But she had the workaround and I haven't had the problem since then.
    I was on a 1x connection when it happened to me. jedisrus what was the fix they gave you?
    Accessories that I'm using with my Pre
    -Palm Leather Slip Case for Pre
    -Plantronics Discovery 925 Bluetooth Headset
    -Touchstone Charging Kit
    -2nd Touchstone Dock (for office)
    -2 International Travel Chargers
    -2nd Palm Battery
    -Palm Spare Battery Charger
    Quote Originally Posted by jedisrus View Post
    I had this problem and it took Sprint almost 10 hours over 2 days on the phone with me to get it set up correctly. It seems the problem is that the Pre was never intended to run on 1X. She said that I really should have never been able to activate it in the first place since there is no EVDO in my town. But she had the workaround and I haven't had the problem since then.
    I was wondering what they actually did? I've been having the same problem. I was told by both palm and sprint to take into a sprint store. The store apparently couldn't do any thing and said to call sprint again... Were they able to fix the issue over the air for you?
    Verizon has a capability called CPOP which allows a phone call to interrupt a 1XRTT data session. Sprint never had this capability added to their network. It's just something you learn to live with using Sprint.