Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    damn it.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I get better reception (both ways) than I did on my LG chocolate flip phone from two years ago... using Verizon.
    on my headphones, it's very good. not sure about the earpiece yet. on the earpiece, definitely not awesome.
    Thus far (limited to < 25 calls) it's better than my Treo 755p. Only complaint is the too-low speakerphone volume, which will hopefully be rectified.
    Global Posts
    275 Global Posts
    better than my t-mobile dash. Can't imagine call quality being any better.
    Quote Originally Posted by kurtd View Post
    better than my t-mobile dash. Can't imagine call quality being any better.
    I can. It's worse than my Treo 700p and Treo 650...and both of those sucked compared to an inexpensive Motorola flip phone that I had prior to that. Here's hoping that they can do something in software to tweak it.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    I feel like the call quality is much better than my Sprint Blackberry Pearl.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    i think it sucks. i can not hear folks well and they cant hear me.

im coming from a blackberry 8300

sux, but hell who needed a phone anyway when u got gps, tv etc right? heheheh.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I haven't had any problems with call quality. Plenty loud and people seem to hear me just fine, clear and loud on the other end.
    I am down about one bar everywhere in my area from my 755p. The call quality is ok.
    Call quality on my end is as good as my trusty Moto Razr. On the other end, I've heard it is a bit worse. But it is still waaaaay better than either my Blackberry 8703e or 8330.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Call quality is fine and EVDO network rocks. Much better than the *iDone* it replaced...
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oncdoc View Post
    damn it.
    It's you.

My signals are weaker than with my 755P but the call quality, both in and out-bound, is significantly better.

bj
    Odd...I just spent a couple of hours on the phone and I just can't believe how muddy the inbound voice is. I'll have to test our other two Pre's to see if it is just mine or if my expectations are just too high. Seriously, it is the worst voice quality that I have ever had on a mobile phone.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    My call quality is excellent, much better than with my Mogul. I do wish that both the headset and the speakerphone were louder. Maybe the can be addressed with a software update.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    call quality is good, but if I have the phone too close to my face, trying to hold it against my shoulder, I can hear myself start to echo, and that's usually when people can't hear me at all.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Yes, it's just you that sucks both ways.

The Pre does have a signal issue that they are aware of and will hopefully fix soon. Short of that, it's pretty good.
    I ran a couple tests calling all around the country and everyone heard me clearly and it was the same on my end, I'm pretty satisfied with overall with call quality.
    I find it is on par with my Sprint Blackberry Curve 8330.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    I have had no issues either way
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast