Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Hey, i've been a Sprint customer for 5 years, I also have 4 phones. I've been trying to get Sprint to give me an early upgrade since I have such a history with them, but no luck. I'm really not enjoying my blackberry curve 8330, and was wondering if the Palm Pre is worth it when buying it outright at $550? I cannot wait for next November. I demo'ed it, and loved it!
    consider even if you break the contract, the penalty is only $200, I can not justify paying $550 for it. $400 would be the upper limit I can pay it.
    Quote Originally Posted by tk baby View Post
    Hey, i've been a Sprint customer for 5 years, I also have 4 phones. I've been trying to get Sprint to give me an early upgrade since I have such a history with them, but no luck. I'm really not enjoying my blackberry curve 8330, and was wondering if the Palm Pre is worth it when buying it outright at $550? I cannot wait for next November. I demo'ed it, and loved it!
    when are you ready for your 1 year upgrade? What don't you like about your curve?
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by allthewayhome View Post
    when are you ready for your 1 year upgrade? What don't you like about your curve?
    Not too sure. I just don't like the appstore or any of the trackball stuff bleh idk.
    Quote Originally Posted by tk baby View Post
    Not too sure. I just don't like the appstore or any of the trackball stuff bleh idk.
    Call sprint, see when you're ready for your 1 year upgrade, cuz BB has the Pre's for $350 for 1 year upgraders.

If a trackball ain't your thing, you might like the Pre. If Apps are your thing, this will have tons soon enough, and they're easy to shop for/install, better than the BB. I'm coming off a curve, the graphics are gorgeous, if that sounds like something you would like, you might be very into the Pre. Not worth $550 for sure imo. Keep in mind, as of yet, there is no notification light for messages and things open a little slower than the curve. Some things will take a little tweaking for a while, like trying to ad ringers and to get your ringers to have more volume. When did you get your pre and did use a 1 or 2 year upgrade to get it?
    if your are a premier customer, you can get Pre for $218 one year into the contract.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    consider even if you break the contract, the penalty is only $200, I can not justify paying $550 for it. $400 would be the upper limit I can pay it.
    I like this idea,
    But the only CON, is how is your costumer loyalty going to look to them? its kinda like your a new customer, plus, make sure you have the credit to get it back . lol
    customer loyalty apparent doesn't mean very much.....
    if your are a premier customer, you can get Pre for $218 one year into the contract.
    HOw do you go about doing this and how much does it cost?
    UNC-W Class of 11'
    I am KittyCOW hear me Mewooo!
    XBL Tag- KittyCOW
    Anyone can call or email me if you have any questions regarding upgrading or getting a new line with the Palm Pre. I am a National Account Manager for a Sprint BSP. I will let you know your options.

Curtis
    Quote Originally Posted by KittyCOW View Post
    HOw do you go about doing this and how much does it cost?
    Sprint Premier
    For what it's worth my premier upgrade price is to the Pre is $199 with MIR, so I'm not sure how the $218 price is calculated, unless it's the $199+tax...???...
    Call 866-235-1185 for Sprint Retentions. Tell them you are pissed and see what they will do. If they will do nothing, tell them you want to cancel. They may then have other things they can do.

Also, you can escalate past the general retentions people to a special group. You will have to leave a voicemail, but it works.

I received $600.00 in credits for a free Pre. Not saying that this will happen for you, but it is definitely worth trying.

Let us know how things turn out.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Call 866-235-1185 for Sprint Retentions. Tell them you are pissed and see what they will do. If they will do nothing, tell them you want to cancel. They may then have other things they can do.

Also, you can escalate past the general retentions people to a special group. You will have to leave a voicemail, but it works.

I received $600.00 in credits for a free Pre. Not saying that this will happen for you, but it is definitely worth trying.

Let us know how things turn out.
    I contacted Sprint Customer Service and let them know that I was very disappointed in my Instinct and that there was no way I could go on with it until my upgrade time. I asked what my buyout was and they immediately asked me "what do I need". I said I'd like the Pre at the new customer price and I'll extend my agreement. They sent me to a Sprint store and issued me a credit on my account. It was that simple. Sprint has always treated me great!
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I tried calling CS (not sure of the number) and told them I was not happy with my blackberry and what they told me at the store vs. what it can do. They sent me to someone else and I told them I wanted to cancel if I couldnt get a new phone at the promotional price. They gave me $50 credit and that is is. I asked them if that was all I was worth to them, and they basically said yes.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    IMHO the phone isn't worth 550, try calling CS
    If you have $600 burning a huge hole in your debit card then why not.

However, if that is not the case, I can't see how spending $600.00 on a phone to replace another working phone seems like a good idea. Just my opinion.....
    Quote Originally Posted by GoogleNerd View Post
    For what it's worth my premier upgrade price is to the Pre is $199 with MIR, so I'm not sure how the $218 price is calculated, unless it's the $199+tax...???...
    Its either 199+19(upgrade), or 419-100-100, latter is what I saw on Radioshack screen.

I have no idea what those numbers supposed to mean.
    take it for a spin for 30 days. It'll cost you $35 to return it if you don't like it. If you like it and you think it;s worth it, keep it. If not, $35 better than $600.

I went from the curve to the pre. I've decided to keep the pre.
    I'm looking at just a one year upgrade August 1st... I have had two phones die out on me in only a year each and I have been forced to upgrade and pay outright for a phone once, only reason I haven't had to do it twice is because my mother just upgraded and I am able to use her upstage (worst phone EVER, btw). I really love the pre but the 475 + tax is going to be a lot for me.... I think I will try my best calling sprint up and seeing what they can do for me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast