Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
  1.    #1  
    I just filled my pre up with 6-7 gigs of music and I have to say the music player is the weakest part of the pre so far. Theres no timebar to scroll where you want the music, or know how much longer the song will go. It also is very laggy all around, pressing next can cause it to freeze up and take a couple seconds. I'm hoping someone can make a homebrew media player that works better
  2. #2  
    I wish it had more podcast support, and the feature to bookmark. I'd love to put some audibooks on this phone.
  3. #3  
    Yeah, this is one area where either WebOS could stand to improve or 3rd parties can fill in the gaps. The media player is very basic and I'm looking forward to a pTunes type app to help manage music and podcasts. For the time being, it's usable but very simple.
  4. #4  
    This is very discouraging. My Instinct's music player is pretty nice. I'd hate to think I'll be "trading down" once I get into a new Pre.
    I just may keep my Instinct as a standby MP3 player...
  5. #5  
    Wait one got damned minute! I just noticed that you only posted once since registering, and low and behold - it's a GRIPE about the Pre..

    Are you a PAID iphone fanboy?
  6. bruba's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    #6  
    No timebar is really ridiculous! They could just throw the video timebar in there.

    What were they thinking? Less is more? More like, less is 'how the hell am I going to skip 20 minutes of this podcast?'
  7. #7  
    The good news is that the phone is pretty open to customization so we should see some improvements on this fairly soon.
  8. bruba's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    The good news is that the phone is pretty open to customization so we should see some improvements on this fairly soon.
    I just have the feeling they left the timebar out on purpose. So they'd have to reconsider it. That's different from "hey, we forgot about that, let's put it in."

    I mean, the music player was mostly done at CES right? Nobody told the developer(s) of the app there has to be a timebar? in six months?
    Last edited by bruba; 06/16/2009 at 06:07 PM.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    Wait one got damned minute! I just noticed that you only posted once since registering, and low and behold - it's a GRIPE about the Pre..

    Are you a PAID iphone fanboy?
    paranoid much?
  10. urkel's Avatar
    Posts
    944 Posts
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    Wait one got damned minute! I just noticed that you only posted once since registering, and low and behold - it's a GRIPE about the Pre..

    Are you a PAID iphone fanboy?
    was the complaint justified? Is so then why get paranoid about postcounts or the iphone. And in this case an iphone comparison is warranted because as awesome as the pre is, the media player sucks. sno bookmarking for audiobooks and podcasts, no scrubber, no star ratings etc. And the amazon bar should be optional since it wastes space.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    Wait one got damned minute! I just noticed that you only posted once since registering, and low and behold - it's a GRIPE about the Pre..

    Are you a PAID iphone fanboy?
    Wow, I hope you are kidding. This is a legitimate problem I have with the Pre I own. I thought I'd bring it up here to start the discussion of getting this issued fixed either by palm or someone who has the knowledge on how to make applications.


    Man fanboys drive me nuts. Just because you own something doesn't mean you can't complain about something and have to think it's the holy grail. There is only one way to get a better product and that is to point out the flaws that everyone is having with it. Fanboys are a true threat to product development since they go out proclaiming how great their device is and claim anyone that anyone has a complaint with it is a "paid fanboy" paaaaalease
  12. #12  
    Meh! @ the both of you...


    I just found it odd that the OP didn't take the time to join the convo about the many GREAT things the Pre has delivered, but instead, used his first post to b*tch.
  13. jjlucsy's Avatar
    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceeej View Post
    or know how much longer the song will go.
    On the "Now Playing" screen, in the top right there are two buttons, the right one (default) shows album view, the left shows it in list view. The list view will show the time played and time remaining as well as blue progress bar that slide across the list item.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    Meh! @ the both of you...


    I just found it odd that the OP didn't take the time to join the convo about the many GREAT things the Pre has delivered, but instead, used his first post to b*tch.
    Why do I need to discuss what is good about the phone? Obviously it's a great phone or I would take it back. I want this specific feature to be improved.
  15. #15  
    Look, I don't wish to hijack this thread with my rantings. So please carry on...

    If I'm wrong about the OP's motive, then please accept my apologies.....

    Mmm K?
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceeej View Post
    I just filled my pre up with 6-7 gigs of music and I have to say the music player is the weakest part of the pre so far. Theres no timebar to scroll where you want the music, or know how much longer the song will go. It also is very laggy all around, pressing next can cause it to freeze up and take a couple seconds. I'm hoping someone can make a homebrew media player that works better
    The timebar is there. In music player, on the top right corner, there is another icon beside the music note icon. Tap that icon and you can see the timebar. But it only shows how much time has been lapsed and left. You can't scroll to any desired position. Don't think Pre is a dedicated multimedia player like iphone. Would you think iphone is a good/dedicated smartphone? The main concept of this phone is "social networking" smartphone. It's noly 1.0 version phone. Give it time and it will evolve...
  17. #17  
    Ugh or instead of starting another new thread about this - search and add it on to here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ious-work.html

    Good input though!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjlucsy View Post
    On the "Now Playing" screen, in the top right there are two buttons, the right one (default) shows album view, the left shows it in list view. The list view will show the time played and time remaining as well as blue progress bar that slide across the list item.
    Yeah I saw that, that screens pretty laggy though and I still want a time bar while I'm looking at the now playing. Thanks though
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by casperstar View Post
    Don't think Pre is a dedicated multimedia player like iphone. Would you think iphone is a good/dedicated smartphone? The main concept of this phone is "social networking" smartphone. It's noly 1.0 version phone. Give it time and it will evolve...

    Your comparison is pretty weak. The pre has everything it needs to compete with the iphone on the media level besides the itunes store. The iphone is not a dedicated media player. Yes I do think the iphone is a good smarthphone
  20. #20  
    You can always just start typing and find the artist/song you want...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions