Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Don't need excuses to hate it, there are plenty of solid, legit REASONS to "hate on it". LOL.

Teasing. It going to be fine for some, but not for others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    it's not just the bottom of the Pre that's sharp - the side edges are sharp too! you forget about it until it rubs against you or you hold it in the wrong place. it doesn't cut you and draw blood but it is not at all comfortable. it feels like a plastic picnic knife when it catches you.
    Wrong again. Man, you're a piece.
    it's not just the bottom of the Pre that's sharp - the side edges are sharp too! you forget about it until it rubs against you or you hold it in the wrong place. it doesn't cut you and draw blood but it is not at all comfortable. it feels like a plastic picnic knife when it catches you.
    All the edges are sharp - bottom, top and the sides. Its simply the way the pre was fabricated. Hell, the youtube video shows cheese being sliced as if a ginsu knife was being wielded. lol.
    It comes down to what you can tolerate.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    All the edges are sharp - bottom, top and the sides. Its simply the way the pre was fabricated. Hell, the youtube video shows cheese being sliced as if a ginsu knife was being wielded. lol.
    You don't exactly have to have a ginsu knife to cut soft cheese. I could do that with the edge of a driver's license, but no one would consider that to be dangerously sharp. It was a dumb illustration to prove a point which doesn't actually exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dookie View Post
    You don't exactly have to have a ginsu knife to cut soft cheese. I could do that with the edge of a driver's license, but no one would consider that to be dangerously sharp. It was a dumb illustration to prove a point which doesn't actually exist.
    Don't get so touchy, dooku, it was a figure of speech which you overanalyzed. I think people got the point despite your remarks. lol.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Tip: buy some soft paste cheese, cut it with your iphone or ipod, you'll probably get posted on engadget and a bunch of other blogs.
    Let's see.. The iphone has a rounded edge. The pre is a blade. Ummmm... alrighty then.
    Let's see.. The iphone has a rounded edge. The pre is a blade. Ummmm... alrighty then.
    Yes, that's the point. You could still cut that kind of cheese even with an iPhone, showing how pointless that video actually is.

Perhaps I should do this with my iPod Touch when I get home...
    This all started with a fanboy on gizmodo. Just leave it at that. IF someone wants to call the edge sharp let them. Obviously the phone isnt for them and they prefer an iphone. Bid deal. Most consumers are sheep let em be. They'll be led to their slaughter sooner or later.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Holy crap! Of all the things to complain about, a slightly sharp plastic edge?

Those of you complaining about this, please return your Man Cards. It's obvious that you aren't needing them any more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dookie View Post
    Yes, that's the point. You could still cut that kind of cheese even with an iPhone, showing how pointless that video actually is.

Perhaps I should do this with my iPod Touch when I get home...
    Cool! Go for it!
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamMcNeeley View Post
    This all started with a fanboy on gizmodo. Just leave it at that. IF someone wants to call the edge sharp let them. Obviously the phone isnt for them and they prefer an iphone. Bid deal. Most consumers are sheep let em be. They'll be led to their slaughter sooner or later.
    Sheeple, preeple. Its all the same crap. Some sheep would follow apple off the cliff, others would follow palm off the cliff... What the blazes is the difference?
    Yep. Love that vid!!
    People today are so soft

You can use it to fend off iPhone drones
    I wonder if the iPod 3G can cut through baloney? I suppose those who have been iProgrammed would know, because they sure dish out enough of it.
    I'm glad its sharp - I can use my Pre to fight off ninjas. It's not a flaw, it's a feature!
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Wow, you guys talk about "fanboys" of iPhones on here being annoying. But to totally blast somebody cause they have a complaint that you don't find that big a deal? Obnoxious!

I like the Pre and hate the iPhone, but I admit that whenever I text, the Pre's sharp edges grind into the sides of my thumbs. It IS freaking uncomfortable.

Just cause someone complains about something doesn't mean they "can't handle the phone and should return it." You guys act like there's NOTHING wrong with the Pre, when plenty is wrong. And I'm not even an iPhone supporter.

This thread didn't have to get so out of hand.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I'm surprised that more people don't see the pre's ninja blade as an advantage. Think about it. Yes, you can use it to cut some Brie on a romantic picnic with your sweetheart. You can also use it to slash the throat of an unsuspecting terrorist or bank robber.

This thread is now about ways to hone your ninja blade and keep it sharp.
    Obscura
    just think of it as another plus?

"help, this man's appendix is about to burst"

"it's ok, i have my trust palm pre, we can use the sharp bottom edge to cut it out!!"

"3 CHEERS FOR THE PRE!!"

or another scenario

"i cut my finger on my pre's bottom edge"

"it's ok! I'm a lawyer, we can sue!!"
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast