1.    #1  
    I did a search & didn't see a topic where someone mentioned this. This isn't that big if a deal.

I am disappointed at the fact that when you copy an mp3 from your music collection into the ringtone app, rather than making a shortcut pointing to the file, it copies the whole file into the ringtone folder. So now you pretty much have duplicate files on the Pre that is taking up space.
    Follow Me On

Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    I did a search & didn't see a topic where someone mentioned this. This isn't that big if a deal.

I am disappointed at the fact that when you copy an mp3 from your music collection into the ringtone app, rather than making a shortcut pointing to the file, it copies the whole file into the ringtone folder. So now you pretty much have duplicate files on the Pre that is taking up space.
    I prefer to make ringtones on my computer so that I can have a specific section of a song instead of just the first 30 seconds. Plus it makes the files smaller.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by sel1965 View Post
    Huh?
    When you go to the ringtone selection & add a new mp3 from you music collection, it adds a copy of the file to the ringtone folder (viewable while in USB mode on the PC). I don't want two 10mb files of the same song on the device, it is a waste of space...

Quote Originally Posted by EeZeEpEe View Post
    I prefer to make ringtones on my computer so that I can have a specific section of a song instead of just the first 30 seconds. Plus it makes the files smaller.
    ...therefore I will have to end up doing this. Which is what I used to do on the Treo (with the use of an app). I am just lazy to shorten the files on my computer, lol.
    Follow Me On