Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    To compete with the new 3gs iphone?
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    That is all software based. The 1st iphone is capable of doing so also if they made a program to do it. So to answer your question yes, someone just needs to program it to work on the pre
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I'm sure it will come out in either an update or in app store. I hoping it didn't come out at launch just so they could make sure it's perfect. They may also fear the videos will take up too much memory since we get only 8gb fixed
    thats what i want to see are more ****ty *** youtube videos shot on phones...

all these apple isheep are wearing me out
    God is not a Democrat or a Republican, but he is Pro-Life!
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    I just want the ability for short video clips for messaging like every other even non-smart phone has and I'll be happy.
    The Pre is capable of 720x480 @ 30fps hardware encoded in H.264.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I am waiting for HD and camera raw.
    iPhone and the 3G do not record at 30fps VGA with Cycorder. It's more like 15fps sub VGA resolution.
    will iPhone 3GS be able to multitasking? so it can compete with Pre?

NO.
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    To compete with the new 3gs iphone?
    Or, you mean, to compete with all of the BB, Windows Mobile, and Symbian devices that have been taking video for years?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    This is exactly same crap of some apple fanboys always doing

"whatever apple's products can do is extremely important"

"whatever apple's products can NOT do is useless and unimportant"

such that, when iPhone first out:
    3rd party app is useless and damage the stability of the iPhone!
    copy and paste is overrated!
    video recording is uesless

now iPhone can do them, they suddenly becomes extremely important.

These people have no principles of their own.
    I think the iPhone now enables video recording because there are now 16GB and 32GB versions, not because there was some technical issue to resolve. Users tend not to pay much attention to how quickly video clips fill up their device's memory capacity.

I don't expect Palm to enable video capture on the 8GB Pre.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy70 View Post
    I think the iPhone now enables video recording because there are now 16GB and 32GB versions, not because there was some technical issue to resolve. Users tend not to pay much attention to how quickly video clips fill up their device's memory capacity.

I think they will, but only when they work something out with youtube or flickr so you can upload your videos. They may even require you to have a youtube or flickr account to use the app. They could put a limit on locally stored videos. If palm doesn't do it, then someone like flickr should.
  14. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts

your kiddin rite? video recording doesnt take that much space lol
    phones with not even 100mb of space record video.
    anyways, i talked to my sprint rep its comming on the next update or two in the very near future. ill see if he has any idea what quality it'll be
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    Because sprint reps are so reliable Ask him when the reception bug will be fixed though if you have his ear.
  16. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Because sprint reps are so reliable Ask him when the reception bug will be fixed though if you have his ear.
    that may be your phone, as mine gets perfect reception and even better than my touch pro. normal reps not so much lol..this ones manages a few states
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    I don't know about 30FPS but the question as to if it will have video or not, is a no brainer.
    That doesn't make much sense seeing as my 700p has video capture and that was out before 2 GB SD cards were on the horizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Or, you mean, to compete with all of the BB, Windows Mobile, and Symbian devices that have been taking video for years?
    None of those devices do 30FPS @ VGA resolution, do they? That's what the OP is asking.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

This has been reported already:

"Also, there is no video recording at launch, but Palm has alluded to adding this feature in the future, which can be done through an over-the-air update."
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast