1.    #1  
    I noticed that when the phone is on the charger, WIFI will always be on, however once off the charger, and screen turned off, it will switch to EVDO..

ANyone have a workaround or hack to make the WIFI ALWAYS on?
    Wifi turns off when not on the charger?

Doesn't do that on my phone... Wifi is always on unless I turn it off... Charger or not. Tap the signal indicator to make sure it is on..
    Also verified stays on when Screen is off by putting my phone in Airplane mode, Starting pandora over WIFi and turning off screen.... Music keeps playing, so Wifi is still on.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZwldcats View Post
    Also verified stays on when Screen is off by putting my phone in Airplane mode, Starting pandora over WIFi and turning off screen.... Music keeps playing, so Wifi is still on.
    Thats because you have stuff running. Turn off everything, put the phone to sleep & give it a minute then check again. Wifi turns off & phone uses data instead. When you wake it up, it jumps back on Wifi.
    OK, Here is what I have found,

1. When the phone is off of the charger and the phone locks the Wifi does shut off if nothing is using it. The radio is on anyways so it probably shuts it off to save battery life.

But if something is using the Wifi it doesn't shut off.

So why would you want Wifi to stay on if the radio is on but nothing is accessing the internet....
    ^This is what I have observed also.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by peestandingup View Post
    Thats because you have stuff running. Turn off everything, put the phone to sleep & give it a minute then check again. Wifi turns off & phone uses data instead. When you wake it up, it jumps back on Wifi.
    This is correct.
  8.    #8  

1. When the phone is off of the charger and the phone locks the Wifi does shut off if nothing is using it. The radio is on anyways so it probably shuts it off to save battery life.

So why would you want Wifi to stay on if the radio is on but nothing is accessing the internet....
    Because this logs me off AIM...and I would like a constant ON WIFI to let me stay connected with AIM.

Again, anyknow know of a hack?
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    Because this logs me off AIM...and I would like a constant ON WIFI to let me stay connected with AIM.

Again, anyknow know of a hack?
    It shouldn't log you off AIM, as it switches to EVDO when it turns WiFi off...
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxidasical View Post
    It shouldn't log you off AIM, as it switches to EVDO when it turns WiFi off...
    yeah, for some reason everytime I go to AIM, I see a "signing on" screen when it switches from WIFI to EVDO...

While doing this,, it needs to reconnect to AIM server

Because at my house, my Pre is constantly jumping between EV and 1X (which is killing my battery). And since the Airave doesnt do data, its of no help in this regard. If the phone was able to sleep & still use WiFi, this would save the battery more than the alternative I have.

Yes, a hack to keep this thing on WiFi would be great. I hope the dev team can come up with something.
    I turn off the cellular radio while in class. I'm lucky to get 1 bar, which kills the battery. I keep wifi on to receive emails using imap push. When the screen goes off, wifi turns off & I no longer receive emails until the phone turns on. Anybody got a workaround?