Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    I have done this to all the phones I have owned and I always have better battery life. Before you say anything please try it first. lot to do but it is worth it. By now you should know to turn the screen light way down, the screen on the pre is WAY to bright and I hope palm fixes this. I don't need the screen so bright when I'm indoors, so palm let me dim it down more...

Okay, here's what to do.

1- let the pre DIE COMPLETELY before going to be, till it turns off on it's own.
    2- plug the phone and go to sleep.
    3- here's the "hard" part, when the pre is at 100% battery life, unplug, wait 5-10 seconds, plug it to charge again, wait 10,15,20 minutes..... and unplug it again. Repeat the steps again, which are:

- Plug it, wait 10,15,20....minutes and unplug it again.
    - Wait 5-10 seconds and plug it up again.

Do this as many times as you can through out the day. Now when you get home make sure you plug it up for another 10 minutes to be sure it's at 100%.

NOW UNPLUG AND PLAY WITH THE PRE. You should see a difference. If not, just let the phone die again before going to bed and repeat the steps.

My pre streams music using wifi for 40minutes while using the phone a bit and battery goes down 5%. Before I did this the pre would loose 5% just turning on the phone! (you know what I mean)

Hope it works for you guys as well.
    Could you explain why this may work? I'm curious about it. Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    is the pre battery better than G1?
    Li-ion batteries work better the more time they are kept at full capacity. That's why phone manufacturers say to charge your phone IMMEDIATELY after you get it out of the box. Don't play with it. The more time it stays below the capacity, the shorter the lifespan of the battery. This is actually a great idea; thanks OP.
    Do you also sell snake oil?
    I'm goin to give it a try, hope its not a waste of time!
    So when you say 10, 15, 20 mins does that mean leave it on the charger for 10 mins. then take it off, then put it on for 15 mins. then take off then 20 mins? Then repeat?

Or leave it on for 10 to 20 minutes?

Thanks.
    I never let it go to 0%, but I keep it charged most of the time because of the Touchstone. Still don't get great life out of it, but between Wifi, Bluetooth and the phone radio, it's doing alot just standing still. Then listen to Pandora over EVDO and a bluetooth headset and the drainage is severe.
    This is so very true. Unlike the old Ni cad, or even the NiMH batts, the LI batts do well when kept fully topped off ona regular basis.
    It is 100% true.
    Onion hammer needs some education.
    no dead chicken with santeria chants?
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spartacus1882 View Post
    So when you say 10, 15, 20 mins does that mean leave it on the charger for 10 mins. then take it off, then put it on for 15 mins. then take off then 20 mins? Then repeat?

Or leave it on for 10 to 20 minutes?

Thanks.
    You leave it charging the amount of time you can get to it to unplug and plug again.
    For example I will unplug, wait 5 seconds, plug it again. Than I continue working and when I remember I go back to the phone and unplug and plug again. Its all about how busy you are. But for sure let it charge for 10 minutes before unpluging. If you forget and you unplug an hour later that's okay too. The impotant thing the more you unplug and plug back the better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preman View Post
    You leave it charging the amount of time you can get to it to unplug and plug again.
    For example I will unplug, wait 5 seconds, plug it again. Than I continue working and when I remember I go back to the phone and unplug and plug again. Its all about how busy you are. But for sure let it charge for 10 minutes before unpluging. If you forget and you unplug an hour later that's okay too. The impotant thing the more you unplug and plug back the better.
    Okay, thanks. I'm going to give it a shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    I never let it go to 0%, but I keep it charged most of the time because of the Touchstone. Still don't get great life out of it, but between Wifi, Bluetooth and the phone radio, it's doing alot just standing still. Then listen to Pandora over EVDO and a bluetooth headset and the drainage is severe.
    What is being described here is an initial procedure to get better long-term. performance.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Should I hold the power button down then select TURN OFF each time before I plug it in to charge ?.....or just plug it in from any working screen ?

Warren C.
    Warren C.
    Buy a touchstone
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by christopheralake View Post
    Buy a touchstone

And that helps...why ???
    Warren C.
    Ok, I was and am still a little skeptical about this procedure...BUT, I started this yesterday and today, and my battery was at 75% at 5 pm today. I took it of the charger at 9 am and used everything except email.Usually I would be at 25% at 3pm. I really don't get it but, hey if it works.

I'm gonna try it again tomorrow to see if it will go longer......Nice

What we do in life echoes in eternity.....

"Four things come not back:
    the spoken word,
    the sped arrow,
    the past life,
    the neglected opportunity."
    if you bang your head on the hood of the car you get 10 more horsepower....
    palm m103 > palm m130 > palm TlX > 755p > PRE (FINALLY!!!!)
    1. Change your non-essential emails to manual updates (it will continue to get regular email headers and notify you, but it will download the message when you click the actual message).
    2. Turn off Auto Locate, GPS, Bluetooth, and Wife
    3. Do not log in to IM (though I've not tried leaving it on)
    4. Close open apps when not in use
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmKing View Post
    1. Change your non-essential emails to manual updates (it will continue to get regular email headers and notify you, but it will download the message when you click the actual message).
    2. Turn off Auto Locate, GPS, Bluetooth, and Wife
    3. Do not log in to IM (though I've not tried leaving it on)
    4. Close open apps when not in use
    Id love to turn off my Wife....but that aint happening
    Last edited by twizardt; 06/16/2009 at 07:42 AM.

What we do in life echoes in eternity.....

"Four things come not back:
    the spoken word,
    the sped arrow,
    the past life,
    the neglected opportunity."
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast