Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I get a fair amounts of forwards with powerpoint presentations (file extensions .pps)

Whenever I open them..it will download and then the Document Viewer opens..but the system is left working and won't open the file.

Anyone else running into this issue?

Also...where are all my downloads being saved?? is their a folder or a way to access the hard drive (like a computer)??
    I just e-mailed my self two powerpoints.... the 2007 version (.pptx) and the 97-03' version (.ppt) both opened flawlessly on the palm pre.
    they open on mine too, but if I have a color background I can't read anything.
    I can open them on mine with no issues.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Thanks to all for looking into this.....my issue though is with the powerpoint prsentation that have an extension .PPS
    Quote Originally Posted by Cltpre View Post
    Thanks to all for looking into this.....my issue though is with the powerpoint prsentation that have an extension .PPS
    Oh, that's a PowerPoint Show. I don't know if it's possible in your case, but simply changing the last letter of the extension to a T (PPT) should solve that.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I can't open a powerpoint(.ppt) or a Word Doc(.doc) on my pre. It says it "cannot find an application which can open this file." Any advice?
    I get the same issue as bkemp, but also with .pdf files... WTF?
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I cant do .pdf's either...
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    just tested and i can.
    You should be able to open them from an email, even if it's a link rather than an attachment, but you won't be able to open anything from the browser.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Why cant you open them from the browser? What is the difference?
    Quote Originally Posted by bkemp88 View Post
    Why cant you open them from the browser? What is the difference?
    The current software doesn't allow anything to be opened from a website (IIRC) no matter if its a word/powerpoint/pdf you name it... call it a bug if you want but you and I can only hope this won't be the case in the future!