Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Yes some random dude at Target and the first thing he said when I whipped out mine was "Take it back while you still can, these things are junk!"

He proceeded to show me his cracked screen which somehow "cracked on its own." And that Sprint wouldn't replace it, blah blah blah.
    no i have not... sigh :-/
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Just had my first encounter today while I was at work! I was remotely connected to a customer's PC installing a newly developed windows service and ran into some problems. One of our developers had to take over for a bit so I was just hanging around observing when I heard "dong-DING" from the customer's speakerphone.

That HAS to be a Pre...

Turns out I was right! We chatted for a bit about our likes and dislikes; Battery life was her biggest gripe since she uses it as a phone significantly more than I do, and my biggest gripe was that I sometimes find myself tempted to pinch zoom or swipe cards and whatnot on PCs. I let her know about the Seido & Amzer batteries and even the Minty Boost to help with battery life, and I think I turned her on to homebrew. She said she hadn't looked into it too much, so I told her about FileCoaster and directed her to the homebrew app catalog on this site. She almost immediately exclaimed about the tethering app.

Perhaps not the most exciting 'pre in the wild' story, but it certainly made my day!
    "Maturity is a bitter disappointment for which no remedy exists, unless laughter can be said to remedy anything."
    ~ Kurt Vonnegut
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    i have never seen a pre in the wild. Makes me feel unique
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nullity View Post
    Just had my first encounter today while I was at work! I was remotely connected to a customer's PC installing a newly developed windows service and ran into some problems. One of our developers had to take over for a bit so I was just hanging around observing when I heard "dong-DING" from the customer's speakerphone.

That HAS to be a Pre...

Turns out I was right! We chatted for a bit about our likes and dislikes; Battery life was her biggest gripe since she uses it as a phone significantly more than I do, and my biggest gripe was that I sometimes find myself tempted to pinch zoom or swipe cards and whatnot on PCs. I let her know about the Seido & Amzer batteries and even the Minty Boost to help with battery life, and I think I turned her on to homebrew. She said she hadn't looked into it too much, so I told her about FileCoaster and directed her to the homebrew app catalog on this site. She almost immediately exclaimed about the tethering app.

Perhaps not the most exciting 'pre in the wild' story, but it certainly made my day!
    I was talking to a T-mobile rep to get some BB service books sent down to a clients phone about my Pre. He asked if I had a blackberry since I was doing blackberry work and I said "No I have a Palm Pre, it's better".

He laughed and asked "how do you like it", and we chatted for several minutes while waiting for the BB to turn on after a battery pull.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I have seen ZERO pres out and about. Infact when I bought mine from Sprint on June 9th there was no one there to buy any. They actually told me they were out and would get a shipment before the next day. So I told them I wanted to be on the waiting list and the Sales Rep typed on the computer and gave me a card.

15 minutes after walking out he called and said they had a shipment come in. The interesting thing is I was next door at McDonalds eating lunch and didn't see a single delivery vehicle leave or stop by. Heh.
    While riding the subways in NYC I see several PREs a week.
    I have seen a few people at gas stations, maybe like 4 or 5 total (i didnt know them either). And i ALWAYS have people come up to me wanting to see my phone when they see me touching the screen and stuff. One girl even put her number in it =p
    I havn't seen any in the wild aside from my own and my girlfriend's.

Even a sales rep at Radio Shack was surprised to see one. I was asking about spare batteries, and the only guy that knew what I was talking about was a manager, and he was amazed at my phone. Was surprised I had one cos he thought our city had a practically exclusive release. Needless to say, this Radio Shack was not selling the PrPrPr&#$275$; $lol$
    I have only seen one pre in the wild... i expect to see many more though when the pre goes to other carriers
    Funny thing, I just started a new rotation in a hospital, havwnt been back sincw I got my pre. First patient I saw was playing on there pre. Later that afternoon I noticed a radiologist with one. Many of the doctors I work for played with my pre and have put it on the list of phones to consider when upgrade time comes.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345