Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I saw a lady with a Palm Pre in front of the Apple Store. I walked up to her and said, "Hey, you have a Pre too!" She was very unfriendly, actually, which is too bad 'cause I'm all for the "pre camaraderie." She was clearly not a Pre fangirl. She looked a little confused by the device and complained of battery life problems. Oh well! I love mine!
  2.    #22  
    i finally saw another person with a Pre in the wild. I was on the escalator at citifield, and the guy in front of me had one. i said hi.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    I was at a Barnes and Noble and heard the notification tone go off in the isle next to the one I was in. So I didn't see it, but I heard it!
    I've seen no Pre other than my own.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by preoccupied View Post
    I saw a lady with a Palm Pre in front of the Apple Store. I walked up to her and said, "Hey, you have a Pre too!" She was very unfriendly, actually, which is too bad 'cause I'm all for the "pre camaraderie." She was clearly not a Pre fangirl. She looked a little confused by the device and complained of battery life problems. Oh well! I love mine!
    Rejected!
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I still haven't seen another one since waiting in line on launch day. 80,000 people at Bonnaroo the next weekend and only saw iPhones and Blackberries. However, everyone turned their head when my arms raised up out of the crowd to take a picture with my pre.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Sat next to a guy at Alpine Valley Theater (Phish show) Saturday that had a pre. We compared notes.
    Not yet, and I've been ill so I haven't been to work since I've received mine Friday.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Saw one yesterday while having Father's Day lunch at BD's Mongolian Barbeque in Overland Park. The guy was showing it to everyone at his table and getting lots of stares from people at other tables near his.
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    Not yet...but I have been stopped about half a dozen times by strangers in the last week who wanted to see mine.
    ....... your Pre, I hope......
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    have you seen another person with the pre, out side of your group?

Yes I've seen many other people with Pre's, but generally around close proximity of a Sprint Store or Radioshack. Also my Cousin has a Pre.
    I was in a store and heard one. First the old phone ring (thought it was mine for a sec) then the notification clank (again had to check mine) but I didn't see who had it.

Our IT guy at work said he had to set up the email for one of my bosses who has one but I haven't had a chance to compare notes with him yet...
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Me too. Other than launch day, I've yet to find someone else who has one. My office is filled with IPhoners all telling me that I should have bought the Iphone.
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
    I am literally surrounded by Iphones and Iphone3GS at work.(work in sales for ATT). There are a few uber Fanbois who talk ****, but I always shut them down by sending a picture message to them I haven't met anyone who has one yet, just alot of people who said they wish they had one! My sup has the G1 and Some guy the other day had the Behold and was telling me that both the G1 and Behold could multi-task like the pre...my sup agreed and said an update to the g1 would give it more multi tasking...OK...sure it will.
    I saw one this past Sunday, in a waffle house in Columbus. For people living here, its the one on 161 near I-71. The guy just casually took it out and checked something and I barely made out it was a Pre cause it was only out for a few seconds.

I didn't feel like asking him about it cause he looked a little pissed (long wait at waffle house cause of father's day)

But, there it is.
    I haven't seen anyone else with a Pre either! But same as you all, I get ppl commenting and wanting to play with my (Pre!) all the time. My bf has an iphone and I caught him spouting a bit of praise for it on one of his regular car forums. I did have a somewhat obnoxious guy in line behind me at Subway the other day:
    "Is that a Pre?"
    ..yes
    "Do you like it?"
    I love it.
    "Did you ever own and iPhone?"
    No, and never wanted to, I need a physical keyboard.
    "What about apps?"
    "They're coming. ........Yes, I'd like a footlong on Italian herbs and cheese...."
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Me as well....that's not entirely surprising, as my work only officially supports the iPhone.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Lol so you have a pre at the school of pre(fontaine). Awesome. (used to be a runner)

Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    That's right! I'm a transplant from L.A. goin' to school here at UO. I love your avatar.
    I haven't seen anyone with one yet. Interestingly, I had a business meeting w/ Sprint last week (not Pre-related) and the Sprint reps were surprised to see someone with a Pre. They were more interested in my Pre feedback then selling me some very expensive equipment. At first I had to keep bringing the focus back to the meeting agenda.
  20.    #40  
    i have gotten the "is that a pre questions" a couple of times. I say yes and hand it to them (the were friends, not strangers though. im not that friendly.

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast