1.    #1  
    Every time my phone is put to sleep (manually or per the timer) my wireless connection is stopped or something. I've noticed that every time I wake my pre up that the wireless antenna icon is gone (instead the EV or 1x is there) and after a few seconds it starts back up. Anyone else notice this? I wonder if this is a bug or feature, could this be draining the batter?
    Yeah i think its an energy saving feature, when mines wakes up too it goes into grayed out bars wifi icon, then it quickly connects back into my network, I like it!
  3. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    It takes roughly 3 seconds for it to reconnect to the WiFi network, if the phone is idle (no data is being transferred.)

The WiFi connection stays active when the phone is asleep if you are actively downloading / streaming.
    could i Change that? i need stay logged while wifi...
    Quote Originally Posted by SunFire View Post
    Why? If there is no data usage, why would you want it to remain connected? Remaining connected and keeping a "heartbeat" service alive would use more battery than reestablishing the connection. While it does take a second or two to reestablish the connection, I've found that by the time I wake the Pre up, unlock it, swipe up to get to the launcher and click on an app WIFI is there an ready for me.

While the icons may show EV or 1x, they are not active. Perhaps that's the bug, perhaps it should just show the sleeping WIFI icon (the ...).

Is it a hardware issue with the router?
    Quote Originally Posted by SunFire View Post
    NoDoze
    The wireless is turned off to save power when running on the battery. Wireless stays on if the phone is charging and it also seems to stay on if EVDO data is off even when running on batteries.