1.    #1  
    1- Phone gets extremely warm at times either while browsing or on a long call.
    2- Having hotmail sent directly to the phone eats the battery up even if it is on manual download or any other setting.
    3- When trying to access hotmail via the web browser, I am able to login, go to my inbox but when I click on an email message the phone does nothing !!! So I cannot read my messages.
    4- Very slight play between top and bottom half of phone but it does not affect anything.
    5- Not able to tether.
    6- Cannot download a file such as a PDF, MP3, or any other document.
    7- My signal is very erratic and jumps up and down even though I have done all the updates.
    8- While in contacts, if you want to go from a to z quickly you need to slide it open and use the keyboard rather than have something on screen to scroll faster.
    9- When browsing, if I press the back button, the pre does not hold the info in the cache and reloads the page again which takes time.
    10- Included ringers are lacking....
    11- When opening any app or anything on the quick launcher, the phone seems somewhat sluggish.
    12- Bluetooth only works for an audio device. Cannot transmit any files or contacts.

As for the positives, the phone has great call quality soundwise and the sprint plan is cheaper than other carriers. Other than that I am still trying it out and giving it a chance before I make any changes.
  2.    #2  
    Feel free to comment if you have any workarounds to these problems or any other ideas or complaints.
    Thanks.
    What do you want people to say, this has been covered about 150,000,000,000 times.

I bought first phone available with Palm OS, Visor Phone. What apps did we have?
    Calendar, Memo, Tasks, Phone and Mail.
    We had VisorCentral.com in those days

We eneded up with 1000's of apps. Some we never thought possible.
    Turn by Turn GPS Years ago.

Things are coming out at break neck speeds, if it doesn't meet your needs and you don't want to wait, return it... 3months down the road, rebuy it later.

This phone is a winner. However many phones are listed in my sig line, I lived through bugs, and glitches and lack of apps. Everything that I needed was fix, or an app created.

Wifi was the only thing we were lacking for in several models that we really wanted.
    Last edited by cglaguna; 06/13/2009 at 12:36 PM.
  4.    #4  
    Another thing to the list:
    13- If I go to fandango app, movifone or google movies and try to view a trailer for a movie on 1X network I get an error message and am not able to view the clip. However if I switch to wifi, it pops up ... but in real world applications wifi is not always there.
    14- Did a youtube comparison of the pre on 1X vs an iphone on edge network, and the iphone loads and plays the video faster and without interruptions. The pre took forever to load the same video and it did not buffer much of the video so it would constantly stop to re- buffer and then play again !!!

Isn't Edge supposed to be slower than Sprint 1X ?

Thanks.
    I still don't get the point you are trying to make if you are trying to make one. Maybe just blah, blah, blah. I just feel that the need to start another thread is for the birds. I can appreciate your obvious patients that you spent with the Pre but to start another meaningless complaint thread is useless. Return your pre and quietly go about your business somewhere else. I don't think that's to difficult, do you?
    Last edited by sel1965; 06/13/2009 at 03:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrence97 View Post

Isn't Edge supposed to be slower than Sprint 1X ?

Thanks.
    No, EDGE is much faster than Sprint 1X.
    So go return the phone and buy something else? These kind of complaints were understandable last weekend, but they have been beaten to death already. Most people seem to be learning to love the pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrence97 View Post
    1- Phone gets extremely warm at times either while browsing or on a long call.
    2- Having hotmail sent directly to the phone eats the battery up even if it is on manual download or any other setting.
    3- When trying to access hotmail via the web browser, I am able to login, go to my inbox but when I click on an email message the phone does nothing !!! So I cannot read my messages.
    4- Very slight play between top and bottom half of phone but it does not affect anything.
    5- Not able to tether.
    6- Cannot download a file such as a PDF, MP3, or any other document.
    7- My signal is very erratic and jumps up and down even though I have done all the updates.
    8- While in contacts, if you want to go from a to z quickly you need to slide it open and use the keyboard rather than have something on screen to scroll faster.
    9- When browsing, if I press the back button, the pre does not hold the info in the cache and reloads the page again which takes time.
    10- Included ringers are lacking....
    11- When opening any app or anything on the quick launcher, the phone seems somewhat sluggish.
    12- Bluetooth only works for an audio device. Cannot transmit any files or contacts.

As for the positives, the phone has great call quality soundwise and the sprint plan is cheaper than other carriers. Other than that I am still trying it out and giving it a chance before I make any changes.
    And your point is? We get that you don't like the phone. I knew I didn't want to buy a Pre, simply by trying it out in the store. So take it back. No one is going to punish you if you return it. What type of comments do you expect? You listed your displeasures--that's great--so keep it, or don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    And your point is? We get that you don't like the phone. I knew I didn't want to buy a Pre, simply by trying it out in the store. So take it back. No one is going to punish you if you return it. What type of comments do you expect? You listed your displeasures--that's great--so keep it, or don't.
    What he said (assuming his real name is dave :-P )
    I would do an exchange asap because some of your issues are not occurring to most of us.

Fandango works on my phone. Youtube loads quick and after putting hotmail on manual...my phone doesnt get hot anymore. Launcher works great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Integrals View Post
    What he said (assuming his real name is dave :-P )
    Yep, I'm Dave. Ever seen 2001:A Space Odyssey? "What are you doing, DAVE???", slowly intoned HAL, the malevolent computer that ran the ship.
    The book is great, the movie though...
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    I watched it when it first came out, thought it was weird, but worth seeing. Recently saw it again (probably the 4th time I've seen it) and it seems so hokey now!
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    I hear you--I've been disappointed by nearly every screen adaptation of Stephen King's novels. The books rock, but the movies, IMO, have been a mixed bag. I would say the Shining was probably the best of the movies, but not my favorite story of his. I think "It" was a great read, lengthy though it was. Having said that, I've really enjoyed most of his books; the ones about the gunslinger being the exception.
    Here's a suggestion too; I forward my hotmail to my new gmail account and I don't have any issues with heat at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by sel1965 View Post
    Here's a suggestion too; I forward my hotmail to my new gmail account and I don't have any issues with heat at all.
    Are people saying that HEAT is related to particular email accounts?? I'm not arguing the point, but want to mention how bizarre that seems, on the face of it. Funny, actually. "Hey George, my cell phone burns my hand when I get too many emails!". George, "Are you nuts???" You, "Nah, I just have a new Pre..."