1.    #1  
    so i've been seeing a lot of threads on here from many who are unhappy with this and that about the pre and was wondering if everyone is aware that there is a way to turn all that negative energy into constructive energy that can affect change. how?

www.palm.com/us/company/feedback.html

the thing is, it's never going to be the perfect thing for everybody. palm, just like any other company, has to weight the pros & cons and figure out who their core users are and design for that group. so, i would suggest that everyone go to that url and succinctly describe what it is that you would like palm to focus on, and give tangible reasons and examples of why it's important to you and how it fits into your daily usage of the pre.

the key is to be very specific and give as much details as you can. keep in mind at on the other end there are people reading this stuff and trying to put together a cohesive story of how the pre and the os is being used. this kind of real user input is invaluable and will really make a better case for whatever feature/functionality you'd like to see implemented.

that's all. i hope everyone make good use of that link. it'll help palm and it'll help us all in the end to get a better product.
    Last edited by un_designer; 06/13/2009 at 11:28 AM.
    i agree... post feedbacks at their site.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    I was looking for a way to 'officially' post a comment or suggestion. thank you so much.

I did, however, receive feedback fro a bug I posted on their official forums, and they said they are aware of the bug, and working on it (it was the timestamp bug with text messaging)
    neathings - neatˇthings and apps for webOS
    Great link. But I would hope that Palm's designers/engineers are also actively monitoring the major Pre forums/blogs (especially PreCentral ) for quicker feedback on issues. Some outstanding customer-service oriented companies that I've dealt with lately (SlimDevices/Logitech, Pandora, Oppo Digital, and others) all excel at online two-way communication with their customers. That is one area where Palm needs to expand (beyond their blog and little-used forum).
  5.    #5  
    yep. most if not all companies do that nowadays. having been on the receiving end of reading feedback i can tell you that the signals to noise ratio is very great. while every opinions and comments should be taken into considerations, those that provide the greatest insights are the ones where we're able to understand what the customers' goals and thought processes are like and learn new things that we hadn't taken into consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepysurf View Post
    Great link. But I would hope that Palm's designers/engineers are also actively monitoring the major Pre forums/blogs (especially PreCentral ) for quicker feedback on issues. Some outstanding customer-service oriented companies that I've dealt with lately (SlimDevices/Logitech, Pandora, Oppo Digital, and others) all excel at online two-way communication with their customers. That is one area where Palm needs to expand (beyond their blog and little-used forum).
    Great idea! Just posted some of my suggestions there.
  7.    #7  
    bumping this thread because it sort of got lost and i still feel pretty strongly about providing good solid feedback to palm. posting feedback here is great because precentral is quickly becoming the pulse of what's happening in the pre/webOS world. however, sometimes it takes a few more people to outline a reasonable argument for certain behaviors and/or feature additions and updates in order to get the things rolling.

so here i am again, pimping palm's user feedback link to anyone who don't already know it, and to everyone else who already knows it but hasn't utilized it lately:

Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

palm has shown (somewhat ;-)) already that they are not completely shutting their ears to what the user base is saying. so get your voices heard. write them directly. the more people who are willing to make a case for something, the better the chance of that something becoming a reality.