Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Well isn't that annoying? I vaguely remember reading something once about how you would be able to shake the pre and it would be the same as hitting the back button on the browser. Well today I was trying to post a new thread in here (which is kind of hard anyway because either the font is too small to read or you have the scroll the page if you make it bigger), I was pretty much all done and then I shifted my position in the chair because my hand was getting a little cramped. Apparently when I moved I also shook the phone because suddenly everything I had typed was gone and I was just looking a blank start a new thread page.

Is there any way to turn that off? I'm not so lazy that I can't hit the back button when I want to go back a page. And I certainly don't want my browser going back just because I move my hand.
    I can shake my pre a lot and it will not do anything ...
  3. yoe
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by allenkt View Post
    Well isn't that annoying? I vaguely remember reading something once about how you would be able to shake the pre and it would be the same as hitting the back button on the browser. Well today I was trying to post a new thread in here (which is kind of hard anyway because either the font is too small to read or you have the scroll the page if you make it bigger), I was pretty much all done and then I shifted my position in the chair because my hand was getting a little cramped. Apparently when I moved I also shook the phone because suddenly everything I had typed was gone and I was just looking a blank start a new thread page.

Is there any way to turn that off? I'm not so lazy that I can't hit the back button when I want to go back a page. And I certainly don't want my browser going back just because I move my hand.
    dude, you have a vivid imagination, shaking the pre does absolutely NOTHING (except make me look like an ***** at work)
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    well crap, that's weird. Maybe I'm losing my mind because mine won't do it now either. But I did it twice before I posted that. After I got to the blank new thread page I flicked it again and I was at the page that said "logging in as allenkt". But I guess maybe it was some other browser issue like the page reloaded for some reason. And for the record, this was right after I had some memory issues where my phone said I had too many cards open even though I only had three.

Weird.
    don't swipe the gesture area when you shake it or press the back button and you should be fine...
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    I think you remember them saying that at Apple's wwdc for the new iPhone
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Btw, use the mobile version of precentral.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrence97 View Post
    I can shake my pre a lot and it will not do anything ...
    ARE YOU KIDDING ME? OF COURSE ITS NOT GOING TO DO ANYTHING.

You are going to be accused of SPS ... Shaken Pre Syndrome!

You will be arrested and you will go to jail!!!

<< My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    I'm thinking when you shifted you touched the back button on the screen. I've done that a few times myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy3721 View Post
    I'm thinking when you shifted you touched the back button on the screen. I've done that a few times myself.

What's that? Shaken your Pre a few times?
    Quote Originally Posted by gigaorg View Post
    Btw, use the mobile version of precentral.
    What for?
    Was this with the slider open or closed?
    now, shaking is gimicky.

im glad it doesnt do that.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by yoe View Post
    dude, you have a vivid imagination, shaking the pre does absolutely NOTHING (except make me look like an ***** at work)
    well you dont need to shake the pre for that...J/K!!!
    Sounds like something Apple would implement since it's already on the Nano.
  16. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I shake my Pre because it will not stop crying......
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    I shake my Pre because it will not stop crying......
    I'm calling the DPS (Department of Phone Services)! No one should ever shake their Pre like that!
    Quote Originally Posted by allenkt View Post

My browser occasionally goes back a screen also for no apparent reason. I haven't figured out the cause.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    If you shake it more than 3 times, you're playing with it.