1.    #1  
    Ok, so I've been wondering this. Why is everyone (customers and the press) so critical of the Palm Pre? When the Jesus phone was launced it was nowhere as put together as it is now. It didn't have any exchange support at all and the MIGHTY APP STORE was a joke. I love the iPhone, I seriously think it is a wonderful bit of tech.
    Why isn't Palm being given the chance to build on a really good platform? Do you think with all the pressure to compete with the iPhone they will make mistakes and rush software updates out that don't work correctly? Or is that what the Apple & RIM PRPRPR $machines$ $want$? $What$ $do$ $you$ $see$ $happening$ $with$ $the$ $Pre$?
    No bashing or trolling please!!
    The Pre has been getting bashed in the media? I haven't really been paying attetion since I have been playing with my new phone so much. What have they been saying?
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
    I like this thread.

My Sprint contract expires on 7/30. I'm on the fence about changing from a $30 SERO plan and going with the $70 plan required for the Pre. I'm also seriously considering migrating to the iPhone. A friend was over last night, so I got a close-up of the 3G. It feels so solid compared to the two Pre's I've handled in stores. I know that the AT&T monthly bill will be more, I just can not decide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thudstaff View Post
    I like this thread.

My Sprint contract expires on 7/30. I'm on the fence about changing from a $30 SERO plan and going with the $70 plan required for the Pre. I'm also seriously considering migrating to the iPhone. A friend was over last night, so I got a close-up of the 3G. It feels so solid compared to the two Pre's I've handled in stores. I know that the AT&T monthly bill will be more, I just can not decide.
    I think you should be more concerned about the service quality of AT&T, that's what I am worried about...

There is no rush, as I suspect once the hysteria dies down, and Palm releases more WebOs phones in the nearish future, i bet the Pre will be much cheaper and without all these requirements.

With that said, for $30 if you have data etc on Sero,I wouldn't switch. That's a lot less money
    Quote Originally Posted by Thudstaff View Post
    I like this thread.

Just wanted to say that I was also on the $30 SERO plan, and was able to upgrade to the $60 EPRP (500 minutes rather than 450 like with the $70 normal plan) with the Pre. Very simple to do, just had to go into a Sprint Corporate Store and they handled everything.
    All we are saying
    Is give pre a chance.....

All we are saying
    is give pre a chance

The war is over
    if you want it
  7.    #7  
    You guys aren't staying on track, I'm going to use Jedi mind tricks to get everyone to focus. LOL
    I was really torn between getting the Pre or not. Before the Pre i had a htc touch diamond, which gave me the occasional WinMobile pains but i found it to be one of the best phones i have ever had. It worked wonderful with syncing my calenders and all my documents, but the one thing that was missing was a real keyboard. Before the Pre came out i was pretty set on getting either the touch pro or waiting it out for the touch pro 2 , but i gave i fell in love with all of the features of the pre and the potential it had to grow. The potential is the biggest thing that pushed me to upgrade my plan and go for the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by goblue7612 View Post
    Just wanted to say that I was also on the $30 SERO plan, and was able to upgrade to the $60 EPRP (500 minutes rather than 450 like with the $70 normal plan) with the Pre. Very simple to do, just had to go into a Sprint Corporate Store and they handled everything.
    I tried this and wasted a couple of hours on the phone and about the same amount driving to a corporate store and talking with the manager of the store. They would not change my plan to the EPRP plan and give me a Pre.

What I'm thinking of doing is keeping my SERO/HTC Mogul plan (contract expires on 7/30) and getting the iPhone 3GS next weekend. My understanding (and I'll verify when I go to the AT&T store today) is that I'll have 30 days to try the iPhone/AT&T plan. If I like it, I'll cancel my Sprint contract on 8/1. If I don't like it, I'll drop the AT&T plan and get a Pre.

My other thought is that if I do like the iPhone, and the Pre matures, I can always pay the $200 termination fee a year from now and get a Pre. I really want to like the Pre and loved the OS when I was playing with it at the Sprint store. My concern is it feels like a toy compared to an iPhone.