1.    #1  
    My guest post on Zatz Not Funny: Pre Impressions from a Palm Fanboy (thoughts after a week w/Sprint's new phone) Pre Impressions from a Palm Fanboy

Let me know what you think.

Conclusion...Palm is off to a great start with both webOS and the Pre itself, which is a pretty fantastic device. There are some tweaks that need to be made, but much of that is to be expected with a 1.0 OS and device. If Palm focuses on regular fixes and updates, continues to push for developer support, and rolls out anticipated new devices like the Pixie and mysterious Zepfloyd, they will have re-established themselves again as a leading player in the smartphone market.
    Last edited by dslunceford; 06/13/2009 at 10:55 PM.
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
  2.    #2  
    One other thing I'd add - the lack of any "file system" for things like videos needs to be fixed as well. If you transfer videos, they just dump in as individual files sorted by name; I'd much rather dump in by "movies" "TV" "Kids" "SpongeBob" and other folder names to group content together...
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford